- •Primary PARPi resistance could not be explained completely by mutations in BRCA1/2 or HRD related genes.
- •Multiple and heterogeneous processes could be involved in the development of PARPi resistance
- •The acquired resistance by long-term treatment selection had evolutional dynamics to tolerate the stress of PARPi.
- •Long-term PARPi treatment could induce accumulating de nove SNVs.
- •Depressed EP300 could cause resistant phenotype through activated epithelial-mesenchymal transition process.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- New insights into ovarian cancer pathology.Ann. Oncol. 2012; 23: x111-x117
- Influence of residual tumor on outcome in ovarian cancer patients with FIGO stage IV disease: an exploratory analysis of the AGO-OVAR (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Gynaekologische Onkologie ovarian Cancer study group).Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2010; 17: 1642-1648
- Niraparib in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian Cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2019; 381: 2391-2402
- Overcoming PARPi resistance: Preclinical and clinical evidence in ovarian cancer.Drug Resist. Updat. 2021; 55100744
- PARP inhibitor resistance: the underlying mechanisms and clinical implications.Mol. Cancer. 2020; 19: 107
- Genome-wide and high-density CRISPR-Cas9 screens identify point mutations in PARP1 causing PARP inhibitor resistance.Nat. Commun. 2018; 9: 1849
- Selective loss of PARG restores PARylation and counteracts PARP inhibitor-mediated synthetic lethality.Cancer Cell. 2018; 33: 1078-1093 e1012
- Multiple ABCB1 transcriptional fusions in drug resistant high-grade serous ovarian and breast cancer.Nat. Commun. 2019; 10: 1295
- Mechanisms for stalled replication fork stabilization: new targets for synthetic lethality strategies in cancer treatments.EMBO Rep. 2018; 19
- EMT, cancer stem cells and drug resistance: an emerging axis of evil in the war on cancer.Oncogene. 2010; 29: 4741-4751
- Phosphorylation of p300 increases its protein degradation to enhance the lung cancer progression.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2014; 1843: 1135-1149
- ZEB1 mediates drug resistance and EMT in p300-deficient CRC.J. Cancer. 2017; 8: 1453-1459
- Transcription co-activator P300 activates Elk1-aPKC-iota signaling mediated epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and malignancy in hepatocellular carcinoma.Oncogenesis. 2020; 9: 32
- CLCA2 epigenetic regulation by CTBP1, HDACs, ZEB1, EP300 and miR-196b-5p impacts prostate cancer cell adhesion and EMT in metabolic syndrome disease.Int. J. Cancer. 2018; 143: 897-906
- Understanding and overcoming resistance to PARP inhibitors in cancer therapy.Nat. Rev. Clin. Oncol. 2021; 18: 773-791
- Toward more comprehensive homologous recombination deficiency assays in ovarian Cancer part 2: medical perspectives.Cancers (Basel). 2022; 14
- Clinical assays for assessment of homologous recombination DNA repair deficiency.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 159: 887-898
- Resistance to therapy caused by intragenic deletion in BRCA2.Nature. 2008; 451: 1111-1115
- Secondary somatic mutations restoring RAD51C and RAD51D associated with acquired resistance to the PARP inhibitor Rucaparib in high-grade ovarian carcinoma.Cancer Discov. 2017; 7: 984-998
- 53BP1 inhibits homologous recombination in Brca1-deficient cells by blocking resection of DNA breaks.Cell. 2010; 141: 243-254
- Replication fork stability confers chemoresistance in BRCA-deficient cells.Nature. 2016; 535: 382-387
- 53BP1 loss rescues BRCA1 deficiency and is associated with triple-negative and BRCA-mutated breast cancers.Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 2010; 17: 688-695
- Rif1 prevents resection of DNA breaks and promotes immunoglobulin class switching.Science. 2013; 339: 711-715
- ATR inhibition disrupts rewired homologous recombination and fork protection pathways in PARP inhibitor-resistant BRCA-deficient cancer cells.Genes Dev. 2017; 31: 318-332
- Clinical BRCA1/2 reversion analysis identifies hotspot mutations and predicted Neoantigens associated with therapy resistance.Cancer Discov. 2020; 10: 1475-1488
- Tackling PARP inhibitor resistance.Trends Cancer. 2021; 7: 1102-1118
- Metformin reverses PARP inhibitors-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and PD-L1 upregulation in triple-negative breast cancer.Am. J. Cancer Res. 2019; 9: 800-815
- Histone methyltransferases EHMT1 and EHMT2 (GLP/G9A) maintain PARP inhibitor resistance in high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma.Clin. Epigenetics. 2019; 11: 165
- Adaptive mutability of colorectal cancers in response to targeted therapies.Science. 2019; 366: 1473-1480
- MTOR signaling orchestrates stress-induced mutagenesis, facilitating adaptive evolution in cancer.Science. 2020; 368: 1127-1131
- Heterogeneity and clonal evolution of acquired PARP inhibitor resistance in TP53- and BRCA1-deficient cells.Cancer Res. 2021; 81: 2774-2787
- Long-term treatment with the PARP inhibitor niraparib does not increase the mutation load in cell line models and tumour xenografts.Br. J. Cancer. 2018; 119: 1392-1400
- Combining PARP with ATR inhibition overcomes PARP inhibitor and platinum resistance in ovarian cancer models.Nat. Commun. 2020; 11: 3726
- Exploitation of EP300 and CREBBP lysine acetyltransferases by cancer.Cold Spring Harb Persp. Med. 2017; vol. 7
- Tumour suppressor EP300, a modulator of paclitaxel resistance and stemness, is downregulated in metaplastic breast cancer.Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2017; 163: 461-474
- Foxo3a expression and acetylation regulate cancer cell growth and sensitivity to cisplatin.Cancer Sci. 2010; 101: 1177-1185
- p300 mediates cellular resistance to doxorubicin in bladder cancer.Mol. Med. Rep. 2012; 5: 173-176