- •Treatment approaches for patients with early stage uterine serous carcinoma vary.
- •Use of adjuvant therapy is associated with decreased risk of recurrence relative to surveillance.
- •Vaginal cuff brachytherapy both with and without chemotherapy is associated with improved survival outcomes.
- •Patients with early stage uterine serous carcinoma should be offered vaginal cuff brachytherapy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2021.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2021; 71: 7-33
- Epidemiologic and surgicopathologic findings of papillary serous and clear cell endometrial cancers when compared to endometrioid carcinoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 1999; 74: 385-394
- Uterine papillary serous and clear cell carcinomas predict for poorer survival compared to grade 3 endometrioid corpus cancers.Br. J. Cancer. 2006; 94: 642-646
- Uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC): a single institution review of 129 cases.Gynecol. Oncol. 2003; 91: 463-469
- Uterine Neoplasms (Version 4.2021).(2021 October 20, 2021]; Available from:)https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/uterine.pdfDate: 2021 September 3
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)--a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J. Biomed. Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk.J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- Is adjuvant therapy necessary for stage IA and IB uterine papillary serous carcinoma and clear cell carcinoma after surgical staging?.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2008; 18: 820-824
- Uterine papillary serous carcinoma: comparisons of outcomes in surgical Stage I patients with and without adjuvant therapy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2003; 91: 470-475
- Outcome and pattern of failure in pathologic stage I-II papillary serous carcinoma of the endometrium: implications for adjuvant radiation therapy.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2003; 57: 1004-1009
- Platinum/taxane-based chemotherapy with or without radiation therapy favorably impacts survival outcomes in stage I uterine papillary serous carcinoma.Cancer. 2009; 115: 2119-2127
- Stage II uterine papillary serous carcinoma: carboplatin/paclitaxel chemotherapy improves recurrence and survival outcomes.Gynecol. Oncol. 2009; 112: 558-562
- Improved survival in surgical stage I patients with uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC) treated with adjuvant platinum-based chemotherapy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2005; 98: 353-359
- Effective treatment of stage I uterine papillary serous carcinoma with high dose-rate vaginal apex radiation (192Ir) and chemotherapy.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 1998; 40: 77-84
- The role of adjuvant therapy in stage IA serous and clear cell uterine cancer: a multi-institutional pooled analysis.Gynecol. Oncol. 2018; 149: 283-290
- Role of adjuvant therapy for stage IA serous and clear cell uterine cancer: is observation a valid strategy?.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2016; 26: 491-496
- Early stage papillary serous or clear cell carcinoma confined to or involving an endometrial polyp: outcomes with and without adjuvant therapy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013; 131: 598-603
- The role of vaginal brachytherapy in stage I endometrial serous cancer: a systematic review.J. Contemp. Brachytherapy. 2020; 12: 61-66
- Utility of radiation therapy for early-stage uterine papillary serous carcinoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; 145: 269-276
- External pelvic and vaginal irradiation vs. vaginal irradiation alone as postoperative therapy in women with early stage uterine serous carcinoma: results of a National Cancer Database analysis.Brachytherapy. 2017; 16: 841-846
- Adjuvant treatment for patients with FIGO stage I uterine serous carcinoma confined to the endometrium.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2020; 30: 1089-1094
- Phase III trial: adjuvant pelvic radiation therapy versus vaginal brachytherapy plus paclitaxel/carboplatin in high-intermediate and high-risk early stage endometrial Cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2019; 37: 1810-1818
- Molecular classification of the PORTEC-3 trial for high-risk endometrial cancer: impact on prognosis and benefit from adjuvant therapy.J. Clin. Oncol. 2020; 38 (p. Jco2000549): 3388-3397
- Human epidermal growth factor 2 (HER2) in early stage uterine serous carcinoma: a multi-institutional cohort study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 159: 17-22