- •Oophorectomy for ULMS did not influence survival in the overall cohort.
- •In ULMS with uterine confined disease, oophorectomy still did not impact survival.
- •Hormone receptor status did not impact survival in ULMS, even among those with ovaries left in situ.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prognostic factors and survival in 1396 patients with uterine leiomyosarcomas: emphasis on impact of lymphadenectomy and oophorectomy.Cancer. 2008; https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.23245
- Prognosis and treatment of uterine leiomyosarcoma: a national cancer database study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2017.02.012
- Adjuvant gemcitabine plus docetaxel for completely resected stages I-IV high grade uterine leiomyosarcoma: results of a prospective study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2008.11.027
- Uterine sarcomas: a review.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2009.09.023
- Phase III randomised study to evaluate the role of adjuvant pelvic radiotherapy in the treatment of uterine sarcomas stages I and II: an European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer Gynaecological Cancer group study (protocol 55874).Eur. J. Cancer. 2008; 44: 808-818https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2008.01.019
- Risks and benefits of estrogen plus progestin in healthy postmenopausal women: principal results from the women’s health initiative randomized controlled trial.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 2002; https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.3.321
- Elective oophorectomy in the United States: trends and in-hospital complications, 1998-2006.Obstet. Gynecol. 2010; https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e3181f5ec9d
- Trends in ovarian conservation and association with survival in premenopausal patients with stage I leiomyosarcoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2021; Jun;161: 734-740
- Estrogen and progesterone receptor expression in patients with uterine leiomyosarcoma and correlation with different clinicopathological parameters.Anticancer Res. 2003; 23: 729-732
- MIB-1 (Ki-67), p53, estrogen receptor, and progesterone receptor expression in uterine smooth muscle tumors.Hum. Pathol. 2001; https://doi.org/10.1053/hupa.2001.27113
- Cytoplasmic estrogen and progesterone receptor content of uterine sarcomas.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1984; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9378(84)80135-0
- Estrogen and progesterone receptors in uterine sarcomas.Obstet. Gynecol. 1986; https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4731(87)91622-0
- Uterine sarcoma: steroid receptors and response to hormonal therapy.Gynecol. Oncol. 1990; https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-8258(90)90267-O
- Expression of steroid receptors, Ki-67, and p53 in uterine leiomyosarcomas.Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 1999; https://doi.org/10.1097/00004347-199901000-00004
- Estrogen and progesterone receptor expression in uterine and extrauterine leiomyosarcomas: an immunohistochemical study.Appl. Immunohistochem. Mol. Morphol. 2004; https://doi.org/10.1097/00129039-200412000-00008
- Immunohistochemical expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors and outcomes in patients with newly diagnosed uterine leiomyosarcoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2011.11.009
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)-a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J. Biomed. Inform. 2009; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2008.08.010
- Uterine sarcoma, version 1.2016: featured updates to the NCCN guidelines.JNCCN J. Nat. Compreh. Cancer Netw. 2015; https://doi.org/10.6004/jnccn.2015.0162
- Uterine neoplasms, version 1.2020: clinical practice guidelines in oncology.JNCCN J. Nat. Compreh. Cancer Netw. 2020; https://doi.org/10.6004/jnccn.2020.0006
- Progesterone receptor expression is an independent prognosticator in FIGO stage i uterine leiomyosarcoma.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2016; https://doi.org/10.1093/AJCP/AQW030
- Androgen receptor as a prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target in uterine leiomyosarcoma.J. Gynecol. Oncol. 2018; https://doi.org/10.3802/jgo.2018.29.e30
- Factors affecting overall survival in premenopausal women with uterine Leiomyosarcoma: a retrospective analysis with long-term follow-up.J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Can. 2020 Dec; 42: 1483-1488
- Phase 2 trial of aromatase inhibition with letrozole in patients with uterine leiomyosarcomas expressing estrogen and/or progesterone receptors.Cancer. 2014; https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.28476
- A randomized phase II study of letrozole vs. observation in patients with newly diagnosed uterine leiomyosarcoma (uLMS).Gynecol. Oncol. Reports. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gore.2018.11.001
- PARAGON investigators. Phase 2 study of anastrozole in rare cohorts of patients with estrogen receptor/progesterone receptor positive leiomyosarcomas and carcinosarcomas of the uterine corpus: the PARAGON trial (ANZGOG 0903).Gynecol. Oncol. 2021 Dec; 163: 524-530