- •The eSAC program was successfully implemented in an advanced ovarian cancer ambulatory setting.
- •The eSAC program was useful for both patients and clinicians for promoting quality-of-life conversations.
- •The eSAC program was especially helpful with providing entrée into conversations around sexuality and palliative care.
- •Both clinicians and patients found the eSAC program to be acceptable and user-friendly.
- •Clinicians and patients offered practical suggestions for improving future iterations of the eSAC program.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ovarian cancer: current status and strategies for improving therapeutic outcomes.Cancer Med. 2019; 8: 7018-7031
- Scope and epidemiology of gynecologic cancers: an overview. Paper presented at: Seminars in oncology nursing.2019
- Patient-reported outcomes in ovarian cancer: are they key factors for decision making?.Expert. Rev. Anticancer. Ther. 2018; 18: 3-7
- Impact of patient-reported outcomes in oncology: a longitudinal analysis of patient-physician communication.J. Clin. Oncol. 2011; 29: 2910-2917
- Patient-reported outcomes in ovarian cancer clinical trials.Ann. Oncol. 2013; 24: x64-x68
- Implementation of patient-reported outcomes in routine medical care.Am. Soc. Clin. Oncol. Educ. Book. 2018; 38: 122-134
- Patient-reported outcome use in oncology: a systematic review of the impact on patient-clinician communication.Support Care Cancer. 2018; 26: 41-60
- Validation and testing of the acceptability E-scale for web-based patient-reported outcomes in cancer care.Appl. Nurs. Res. 2011; 24: 53-58
- Electronic self-report assessment for cancer and self-care support: results of a multicenter randomized trial.J. Clin. Oncol. 2014; 32: 199
- Patient-reported outcomes during immunotherapy for metastatic melanoma: mixed methods study of patients’ and clinicians’ experiences.J. Med. Internet Res. 2020; 22e14896
- How patient-generated health data and patient-reported outcomes affect patient–clinician relationships: a systematic review.Health Inform. J. 2020; 26: 2689-2706
- Enhancing patient-provider communication with the electronic self-report assessment for cancer: a randomized trial.J. Clin. Oncol. 2011; 29: 1029
- Health-related quality-of-life assessments and patient-physician communication: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2002; 288: 3027-3034
- Use of patient-reported outcomes to measure symptoms and health related quality of life in the clinic.Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 136: 429-439
- Patient-reported outcomes (PRO) in ovarian cancer clinical trials—lost opportunities and lessons learned.Ann. Oncol. 2016; 27: i66-i71
- Acceptance and use of home-based electronic symptom self-reporting Systems in Patients with cancer: systematic review.J. Med. Internet Res. 2021; 23e24638
- Process evaluation of complex interventions.UK Med. Res. Council (MRC) Guidance. 2014; : 1-133
- Acceptability of an electronic self report assessment program for patients with cancer.Computers Inform. Nurs. CIN. 2008; 26: 332
- A deliberate and rigorous approach to development of patient-centered technologies. Paper presented at: Seminars in oncology nursing.2011
- Development and usability testing of a web-based cancer symptom and quality-of-life support intervention.Health Inform. J. 2015; 21: 10-23
- Exposure to a patient-centered, web-based intervention for managing cancer symptom and quality of life issues: impact on symptom distress.J. Med. Internet Res. 2015; 17e4190
- Psychosocial outcomes of an electronic self-report assessment and self-care intervention for patients with cancer: a randomized controlled trial.Psycho-Oncology. 2017; 26: 1866-1871
- Feasibility and acceptability of a web site to promote survivorship care in survivors of Hodgkin disease.JCO Clin. Cancer Inform. 2017; 1: 1-10
- Patient acceptability and usability of a self-administered electronic patient-reported outcome assessment in HIV care: relationship with health behaviors and outcomes.AIDS Care. 2020; 1-11
- Usability, acceptability, and feasibility of the implementation of infant pain practice change (ImPaC) resource.Paediatric Neonatal Pain. 2020; 2: 82-92
- Validation of the French version of the acceptability E-scale (AES) for mental E-health systems.Psychiatry Res. 2016; 237: 196-200
- Implementation analysis of patient reported outcomes (PROs) in oncological routine care: an observational study protocol.Health Qual. Life Outcomes. 2020; 18: 1-7
- Implementation and preliminary effectiveness of a real-time pain management smartphone app for adolescents with cancer: a multicenter pilot clinical study.Pediatr. Blood Cancer. 2017; 64e26554
- Three approaches to qualitative content analysis.Qual. Health Res. 2005; 15: 1277-1288
- Barriers and enablers to using a patient-facing electronic questionnaire: a qualitative theoretical domains framework analysis.J. Med. Internet Res. 2020; 22e19474