- •Advanced stage endometrial cancer can be difficult to treat as there is no definitive optimal treatment regimen.
- •Visceral and subcutaneous fat stores can be easily measured on preoperative CT scans.
- •High visceral to subcutaneous fat ratios were associated with poorer outcomes in this patient cohort.
- •Preoperative CT scans could be used as a screening tool to determine which patients may require more aggressive treatment.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Overweight, obesity, and cancer risk.Lancet Oncol. 2002; 3: 565-574
- Addressing the role of obesity in endometrial cancer risk, prevention, and treatment.J. Clin. Oncol. 2016; 34: 4225-4230
- Overweight, obesity, and mortality from cancer in a prospectively studied cohort of U.S. adults.N. Engl. J. Med. 2003; 348: 1625-1638
- Subcutaneous and visceral adipose tissue: structural and functional differences.Obes. Rev. 2010; 11: 11-18
- Adiposity and cancer risk: new mechanistic insights from epidemiology.Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2015; 15: 484-498
- Visceral obesity, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and cancer.Proc. Nutr. Soc. 2012; 71: 181-189
- Visceral obesity and breast cancer risk.Cancer. 1994; 74: 632-639
- Visceral adiposity as a predictor of survival in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer receiving platinum and taxane-based chemotherapy.J. Clin. Oncol. 2019; 37 (e17031-e)
- High visceral fat percentage is associated with poor outcome in endometrial cancer.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 105184-105195
- The effect of visceral obesity on clinicopathological features in patients with endometrial cancer: a retrospective analysis of 200 Chinese patients.BMC Cancer. 2016; 16: 209
- Visceral abdominal fat measured by computer tomography as a prognostic factor for gynecological malignancies?.Oncotarget. 2018; 9: 16330-16342
- Prognostic indicators of survival in advanced endometrial cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 1994; 55: 363-367
- Adjuvant therapy for endometrial cancer.J. Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 25: 136-147
- New classification of endometrial cancers: the development and potential applications of genomic-based classification in research and clinical care.Gynecol. Oncol. Res. Pract. 2016; 3: 14
- Synergy of sex differences in visceral fat measured with CT and tumor metabolism helps predict overall survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma.Radiology. 2018; 287: 884-892
- Adipose tissue location and contribution to postinjury hypercoagulability.J. Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016; 81: 79-85
- Cutoff finder: a comprehensive and straightforward web application enabling rapid biomarker cutoff optimization.PLoS One. 2012; 7e51862
- Obesity and visceral fat: survival impact in high-grade endometrial cancer.Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 2021; 256: 425-432
- Does visceral adiposity have an effect on the survival outcomes of the patients with endometrial cancer?.J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Res. 2021; 47: 560-569
- Visceral adiposity, insulin resistance and cancer risk.Diabetol. Metab. Syndr. 2011; 3: 12
- Molecular mechanisms of cancer development in obesity.Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2011; 11: 886-895
- The ratio of visceral to subcutaneous fat, a metric of body fat distribution, is a unique correlate of cardiometabolic risk.Diabetologia. 2012; 55: 2622-2630
- Final validation of the ProMisE molecular classifier for endometrial carcinoma in a large population-based case series.Ann. Oncol. 2018; 29: 1180-1188