- •IHC and CISH testing platforms have high concordance in identifying HER2+ uterine serous carcinoma.
- •NGS testing for ERBB2 amplification has a low sensitivity but high PPV in identifying HER2+ uterine serous carcinoma.
- •No major differences in gene alterations or immunotherapy biomarkers identified between HER2+ and negative tumors.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Uterine papillary serous and clear cell carcinomas predict for poorer survival compared to grade 3 endometrioid corpus cancers.Br. J. Cancer. 2006; 94: 642-646
- p53 gene mutations are common in uterine serous carcinoma and occur early in their pathogenesis.Am. J. Pathol. 1997; 150: 177-185
- Integrated genomic characterization of endometrial carcinoma.Nature. 2013; 497: 67-73
- Prognostic impact of HER-2/neu expression on squamous head and neck carcinomas.Head Neck. 2007; 29: 655-664
- Clinicopathologic factors associated with HER2-positive gastric cancer and its impact on survival outcomes – a systematic review.Int. J. Cancer. 2012; 130: 2845-2856
- Recommendations for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists clinical practice guideline update.J. Clin. Oncol. 2013; 31: 3997-4013
- Targeting human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) in gynecologic malignancies.Curr. Opin. Obstet. Gynecol. 2020; 32: 57-64
- HER-2 is an independent prognostic factor in endometrial cancer: association with outcome in a large cohort of surgically staged patients.J. Clin. Oncol. 2006; 24: 2376-2385
- Amplification of c-erbB2 oncogene: a major prognostic indicator in uterine serous papillary carcinoma.Cancer. 2005; 104: 1391-1397
- Her-2/neu overexpression and amplification in uterine papillary serous carcinoma.J. Clin. Oncol. 2004; 22: 3126-3132
- Human epidermal growth factor 2 (HER2) in early stage uterine serous carcinoma: a multi-institutional cohort study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 159: 17-22
- Randomized phase II trial of carboplatin-paclitaxel versus carboplatin-paclitaxel-trastuzumab in uterine serous carcinomas that overexpress human epidermal growth factor receptor 2/neu.J. Clin. Oncol. 2018; 36: 2044-2051
- HER2 testing and clinical decision making in gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma: guideline from the College of American Pathologists, American Society for Clinical Pathology, and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.J. Clin. Oncol. 2017; 35: 446-464
- American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25: 118-145
- Human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancer: American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists Clinical Practice Guideline Focused Update.Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2018; 142: 1364-1382
- Efficacy of pembrolizumab in patients with noncolorectal high microsatellite instability/mismatch repair-deficient cancer: results from the phase II KEYNOTE-158 study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2020; 38: 1-10
- Molecular and pharmacological modulators of the tumor immune contexture revealed by deconvolution of RNA-seq data.Genome Med. 2019; 11
- The updated 2018 American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline on human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 interpretation in breast cancer: comparison with previous guidelines and clinical significance of the proposed in situ hybridization groups.Hum. Pathol. 2020; 98: 10-21
- Mechanisms of resistance and sensitivity to anti-HER2 therapies in HER2+ breast cancer.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 64431-64446
- Herceptin-induced inhibition of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase and Akt Is required for antibody-mediated effects on p27, cyclin D1, and antitumor action.Cancer Res. 2002; 62: 4132-4141
- PIK3CA mutations are associated with lower rates of pathologic complete response to anti-human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (her2) therapy in primary HER2-overexpressing breast cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2014; 32: 3212-3220
- Integrated analysis of PTEN and p4EBP1 protein expression as predictors for pCR in HER2-positive breast cancer.Clin. Cancer Res. 2016; 22: 2675-2683
- Reproducibility of scoring criteria for HER2 immunohistochemistry in endometrial serous carcinoma: a multi-institutional interobserver agreement study.Mod. Pathol. 2021; 34: 1194-1202
- Phase II trial of trastuzumab in women with advanced or recurrent, HER2-positive endometrial carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 116: 15-20
- Randomized phase II trial of carboplatin-paclitaxel compared with carboplatin-paclitaxel-trastuzumab in advanced (Stage III-IV) or recurrent uterine serous carcinomas that overexpress Her2/Neu (NCT01367002): updated overall survival analysis.Clin. Cancer Res. 2020; 26: 3928-3935
- Trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for treatment of HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction cancer (ToGA): a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 687-697