- •Following contemporary primary therapy, 98% of women with stage II-IV LGSOC who relapsed did so within 5 years of diagnosis.
- •Fifty-one percent of women who received contemporary primary therapy had not relapsed at time of analysis.
- •This study delineates several clinicopathologic factors that may be associated with patient outcomes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Grading ovarian serous carcinoma using a two-tier system.Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2004; 28: 496-504
- Clinical behavior of stage II-IV low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary.Obstet. Gynecol. 2006; 108: 361-368
- Recurrent low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma is relatively chemoresistant.Gynecol. Oncol. 2009; 114: 48-52
- Impact of age and primary disease site on outcome in women with low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary or peritoneum: results of a large single-institution registry of a rare tumor.J. Clin. Oncol. 2015; 33: 2675-2682
- Operability and chemotherapy responsiveness in advanced low-grade serous ovarian cancer. An analysis of the AGO study group metadatabase.Gynecol. Oncol. 2016; 140: 457-462
- The role of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in the management of low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary and peritoneum: further evidence of relative chemoresistance.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 158: 653-658
- Low-grade serous ovarian cancer: state of the science.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 156: 715-725
- Low-grade serous carcinoma (LGSC): a Canadian multicenter review of practice patterns and patient outcomes.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 157: 36-45
- Hormonal therapy for recurrent low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary or peritoneum.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; 125: 661-666
- Hormone receptor expression profile of low-grade serous ovarian cancers.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; 145: 352-360
- Hormone receptor expression and outcomes in low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 157: 12-20
- Genomic analysis of low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma to identify key drivers and therapeutic vulnerabilities.J. Pathol. 2021; 253: 41-54
- The genomic landscape of low-grade serous ovarian/peritoneal carcinoma and its impact on clinical outcomes.Gynecol. Oncol. 2022; 165: 560-567
- Hormonal maintenance therapy for women with low-grade serous Cancer of the ovary or peritoneum.J. Clin. Oncol. 2017; 35: 1103-1111
- Primary cytoreductive surgery and adjuvant hormonal monotherapy in women with advanced low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma: reducing overtreatment without compromising survival?.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; 147: 85-91
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Ovarian Cancer Including Fallopian tube Cancer and Primary Peritoneal Cancer. Version 1.2022-January 18, 2022.NCCN.orgDate: 2022
- Clinical commentary. Endocrine therapy in the management of low-grade serous ovarian/peritoneal carcinoma: mounting evidence for the relative efficacy of tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 159: 601-603
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J. Biomed. Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Nonparametric estimation from incomplete observations.J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 1958; 53: 457-481
- A note on quantifying follow-up in studies of failure time.Control. Clin. Trials. 1996; 17: 343-346
- Stage II to IV low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary is associated with a poor prognosis: a clinicopathologic study of 32 patients from a population-based tumor registry.Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2013; 32: 529-535
- Survival in women with grade 1 serous ovarian carcinoma.Obstet. Gynecol. 2013; 122: 225-232
- The prognostic significance of pre- and post-treatment CA-125 in grade 1 serous ovarian carcinoma: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 132: 560-565
- Low-grade serous carcinoma of the ovary: Clinicopathologic analysis of 52 invasive cases and identification of a possible noninvasive intermediate lesion.Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2016; 40: 1165-1176
- Outcomes of women with high-grade and low-grade advanced-stage serous epithelial ovarian cancer.Obstet. Gynecol. 2017; 129: 439-447
- PARAGON: a phase II study of anastrozole in patients with estrogen receptor-positive recurrent/metastatic low-grade ovarian cancers and serous borderline tumors.Gynecol. Oncol. 2019; 154: 531-538
- Trametinib versus standard of care in patients with recurrent low-grade serous ovarian cancer (GOG 281/LOGS): an international, randomized, open-label, multicentre, phase 2/3 trial.Lancet. 2022; 399: 541-553
- Clinical factors associated with prognosis in low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma: experiences at two large academic institutions in Korea and Taiwan.Sci. Rep. 2020; 10: 20012
- Serous psammocarcinoma of the ovary and peritoneum.Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 1990; 9: 110-121
- Ovarian and peritoneal psammocarcinoma: results of a multicenter study on 25 patients.Eur. J. Surg. Oncol. 2020; 46: 862-867
- Serous psammocarcinoma of the ovary: an unusual finding.Gynecol. Oncol. 2005; 99: 510-511
- Psammocarcinoma of the ovary: a case report and review of the literature.Gynecol. Surg. 2006; 3: 55-57