- •Burnout persists in GYN Oncology and affects both genders and APPs.
- •>60% of female GYN Oncologists and APPs felt overly stressed, overwhelmed or that life was unmanageable.
- •Over 40% of gynecologic oncologists screened positive for depression.
- •When compared to APPs, physicians are less likely to seek professional mental health care.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Maslach burnout inventory.Eval. Stress Book Resour. 1997; 3: 191-218
Rath, H. Burnout and associated factors among members of the society of gynecologic oncology.
- Validation and utility of a self-report version of PRIME-MD: the PHQ primary care study. Primary care evaluation of mental disorders. Patient health questionnaire.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1737-1744
- Effect of organization-directed workplace interventions on physician burnout: a systematic review.Mayo Clin. Proc. Innov. Qual. Outcomes. 2019; 3: 384-408
- The Society of Gynecologic Oncology wellness curriculum pilot: a groundbreaking initiative for fellowship training.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 156: 710-714
- A journey to construct an all-encompassing conceptual model of factors affecting clinician well-being and resilience.NAM Perspect. 2018; https://doi.org/10.31478/201801b
- Estimating the attributable cost of physician burnout in the United States.Ann. Intern. Med. 2019; 170: 784-790
- Executive leadership and physician well-being: nine organizational strategies to promote engagement and reduce burnout.Mayo Clin. Proc. 2017; 92: 129-146
- Longitudinal study evaluating the association between physician burnout and changes in professional work effort.Mayo Clin. Proc. 2016; 91: 422-431
- Burnout and psychological distress among pediatric critical care physicians in the United States.Crit. Care Med. 2018; 46: 116-122
- Age and sex differences in burnout, career satisfaction, and well-being in US neurologists.Neurology. 2018; 91: e1928-e1941
Burnout and Career Satisfaction Among US Oncologists | Journal of Clinical Oncology. https://ascopubs.org/doi/10.1200/JCO.2013.51.8480.
- Academic productivity differences by gender and child age in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine faculty during the COVID-19 pandemic.J. Women’s Health. 2021; 30: 341-347
- The effects of COVID-19 on women physicians.ASA Monit. 2021; 85: 28-29
- Health Care Workforce | JAMA | JAMA Network.
Poll, H. What patients say about PAs. 2.
- Efficacy of the well-being index to identify distress and stratify well-being in nurse practitioners and physician assistants.J. Am. Assoc. Nurse Pract. 2019; 31: 403-412
- Burnout and satisfaction with work-life integration among PAs relative to other workers.J. Am. Acad. PAs. 2020; 33: 35-44
- Satisfaction, burnout, and turnover among nurse Practitioners and physician assistants: a review of the empirical literature.Med. Care Res. Rev. MCRR. 2019; 76: 3-31
Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners: Occupational Outlook Handbook: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/nurse-anesthetists-nurse-midwives-and-nurse-practitioners.htm.