- •Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for patients with advanced ovarian cancer has many biological advantages.
- •Intraperitoneal carboplatin is an alternative to cisplatin for HIPEC at the time of cytoreductive surgery.
- •The use of carboplatin was feasible and well-tolerated by patients. There was no difference in quality of life outcomes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer of the ovary.N. Engl. J. Med. 2004; 351: 2519-2529
- Ovarian cancer: a brief historical overview of intraperitoneal trials.Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2014; 21: 1429-1434
- Randomized trial of intravenous versus intraperitoneal chemotherapy plus bevacizumab in advanced ovarian carcinoma: an NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group Study [published correction appears in J Clin Oncol. 2019 Sep 1;37(25):2299].J. Clin. Oncol. 2019; 37: 1380-1390https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.18.01568
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 354: 34-43
- Heated intra-operative intraperitoneal oxaliplatin after complete resection of peritoneal carcinomatosis: pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution.Ann. Oncol. Off. J. Eur. Soc. Med. Oncol./ ESMO. 2002; 13: 267-272
- In vitro thermochemotherapy of human colon cancer cells with cis-dichlorodiammineplatinum(II) and mitomycin C.Cancer Res. 1980; 40: 1165-1168
- A theoretical model for intraperitoneal delivery of cisplatin and the effect of hyperthermia on drug penetration distance.Neoplasia (New York, NY). 2004; 6: 117-127
- Effect of heat on induction and repair of DNA strand breaks in X-irradiated CHO cells.Int. J. Radiat. Biol. 1992; 61: 221-233
- Nuclear matrix as a target for hyperthermic killing of cancer cells.Cell Stress Chaperones. 1998; 3: 245-255
- Peritoneal adhesions: etiology, pathophysiology, and clinical significance. Recent advances in prevention and management.Dig. Surg. 2001; 18: 260-273
- Regeneration of peritoneum: a fibrinolytic study.J. Anat. 1979; 129: 659-664
- Complications of extensive adhesion formation after intraperitoneal chemotherapy.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1986; 162: 445-448
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2018; 378: 230-240
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2003; 21: 3194-3200
- Intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemotherapy using carboplatin: a phase I analysis in ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2007 Jul; 106: 207-210https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2007.03.022
- Morbidity and mortality in women with advanced ovarian cancer who underwent primary cytoreductive surgery compared to cytoreductive surgery for recurrent disease: a meta-analysis.Pleura Peritoneum. 2019; 4: 20190014https://doi.org/10.1515/pp-2019-0014
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy or primary surgery in stage IIIC or IV ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2010; 363: 943-953https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmoa0908806
- Intraoperative hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy after cytoreductive surgery in ovarian cancer peritoneal carcinomatosis: systematic review of current results.J. Cancer Res. Clin. Oncol. 2009; 135: 1637-1645https://doi.org/10.1007/s00432-009-0667-4
- Peritonectomy procedures and HIPEC in the treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis from ovarian cancer: long-term outcomes and perspectives from a high-volume center.Eur. J. Surg. Oncol. 2016; 42: 224-233
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemoperfusion as a component of multimodality therapy for ovarian and primary peritoneal cancer.J. Surg. Oncol. 2017; 116: 320-328https://doi.org/10.1002/jso.24666
- Hyperthermic intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) with primary or secondary cytoreductive surgery in the treatment of advanced epithelial ovarian cancer.Minerva Ginecol. 2017; 69: 119-127https://doi.org/10.23736/S0026-4784.16.03959- 9
- New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors.JNCI: J. Nat. Cancer Inst. 2000; 92: 205-216https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/92.3.205
- Health-related quality of life after interval cytoreductive surgery with or without hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in patients with stage III ovarian cancer.Eur. J. Surg. Oncol. 2021; 47: 101-107
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal Hyperthermic chemotherapy for peritoneal surface malignancy: experience with 501 procedures.J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2007; 204: 943-953https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2006.12.048