- •Cell cycle modulation with Wee1 inhibition has promising activity in platinum resistant and refractory ovarian cancer.
- •A phase II trial showed improved PFS and OS with adavosertib and gemcitabine, compared to placebo and gemcitabine.
- •PRO-CTCAEs provide objective assessment of symptomatic adverse events (syAEs) and patient reported tolerability.
- •High scores of syAEs showed more frequent diarrhea in the adavosertib arm (25%) vs placebo arm (0%).
- •Longitudinal syAE assessment showed higher fatigue and difficulty swallowing severity in the adavosertib arm.
Abbreviations:HGSOC (High grade serous ovarian cancer), syAEs (Symptomatic adverse events), PRO-CTCAE (Patient-Reported Outcomes version of the Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events), F (Frequency), S (Severity), I (Interference)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2018; 68: 394-424
- New approaches for targeting platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.Semin. Cancer Biol. 2021; 77: 167-181
- Adavosertib plus gemcitabine for platinum-resistant or platinum-refractory recurrent ovarian cancer: a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 2 trial.Lancet. 2021; 397: 281-292
- Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) Version 5.0. Bethesda, MD,: US Department of Health and Human Services.November 27, 2017 (Accessed 15th May 2021)
- Overall survival results of a trial assessing patient-reported outcomes for symptom monitoring during routine Cancer treatment.Jama. 2017; 318: 197-198
- Fifth ovarian cancer consensus conference of the gynecologic Cancer InterGroup: recurrent disease.Ann. Oncol. 2017; 28: 727-732
- Accessed on 15th May 2021)
- Ovarian cancer symptoms, routes to diagnosis and survival - population cohort study in the ‘no screen’ arm of the UK collaborative trial of ovarian cancer screening (UKCTOCS).Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 158: 316-322
- Drug safety data. GEMZAR® (GEMCITABINE HCl) for injection.Accessed on: 15th July 2021)
- Phase I study evaluating WEE1 inhibitor AZD1775 as monotherapy and in combination with gemcitabine, cisplatin, or carboplatin in patients with advanced solid tumors.J. Clin. Oncol. 2016; 34: 4371-4380
- Phase I study of single-agent AZD1775 (MK-1775), a Wee1 kinase inhibitor, in patients with refractory solid tumors.J. Clin. Oncol. 2015; 33: 3409-3415
- Midwest SAS users group. MWSUG 2011 Conference Proceedings. Paper DG12–2011.
- Applied Longitudinal Analysis.John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ2011
- Wee1 inhibition in recurrent serous uterine cancer: science paving the way in a challenging disease.J. Clin. Oncol. 2021; 39: 1513-1517