- •MOABP prior to bowel resection at ovarian cancer CRS was associated with lower deep/organspace SSI and readmissions.
- •MOABP prior to bowel resection was associated with higher odds of ICU admissions and grade ≥ 3 cardiac and GI complications.
- •MOABP prior to bowel resection may be associated with shorter hospital stays and more optimal resections.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Controversies in preoperative bowel preparation in gynecologic and gynecologic oncology surgery: a review of the literature.Arch. Gynecol. Obstet. 2020; 302: 1049-1061https://doi.org/10.1007/s00404-020-05704-1
- Guidelines for perioperative care in gynecologic/oncology: Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (ERAS) Society recommendations - 2019 update.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2019; 29: 651-668https://doi.org/10.1136/ijgc-2019-000356
- The evolution of bowel preparation for gastrointestinal surgery.Sem. Colon Rectal Surgery. 2018; 29: 8-11https://doi.org/10.1053/j.scrs.2017.09.002
- Combined mechanical and oral antibiotic bowel preparation reduces incisional surgical site infection and anastomotic leak rates after elective colorectal resection: an analysis of colectomy-targeted ACS NSQIP.Ann. Surg. 2015; 262: 331-337https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0000000000001041
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Enhanced Recovery after Colon and Rectal Surgery from the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons.Dis. Colon Rectum. 2017; 60: 761-784https://doi.org/10.1097/DCR.0000000000000883
- Association of mechanical bowel preparation and oral antibiotics before elective colorectal surgery with surgical site infection: a network meta-analysis.JAMA Netw. Open. 2018; 1e183226https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.3226
- A statewide colectomy experience: the role of full bowel preparation in preventing surgical site infection.Ann. Surg. 2014; 259: 310-314https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0b013e3182a62643
- Mechanical bowel preparation for elective colorectal surgery.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2011; : CD001544https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD001544.pub4
- Enhanced recovery pathways in gynecology and gynecologic oncology.Obstet. Gynecol. Surv. 2015; 70: 780-792https://doi.org/10.1097/OGX.0000000000000259
- Combination of oral antibiotics and mechanical bowel preparation reduces surgical site infection in colorectal surgery.J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2017; 225: 465-471https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2017.06.011
- Mechanical bowel preparation for elective colorectal surgery: updated systematic review and meta-analysis.Int. J. Color. Dis. 2012; 27: 803-810https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-011-1361-y
- Mechanical bowel preparation for elective colorectal surgery: a multicentre randomised trial.Lancet. 2007; 370: 2112-2117https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(07)61905-9
- Comparing mechanical bowel preparation with both Oral and systemic antibiotics versus mechanical bowel preparation and systemic antibiotics alone for the prevention of surgical site infection after elective colorectal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomize.Dis. Colon Rectum. 2016; 59: 70-78https://doi.org/10.1097/DCR.0000000000000524
- Preoperative mechanical preparation of the colon: the patient’s experience.BMC Surg. 2007; 7: 5-9https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2482-7-5
- Combination oral and mechanical bowel preparations decreases complications in both right and left colectomy.Surgery (United States). 2018; 163: 528-534https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surg.2017.10.023
- Bowel preparation is associated with reduced morbidity in elderly patients undergoing elective colectomy.J. Gastrointest. Surg. 2017; 21: 372-379https://doi.org/10.1007/s11605-016-3314-9
- Combination of oral antibiotics and mechanical bowel preparation for colorectal surgery.Ann. Gastroenterolo. Surgery. 2018; 2: 162https://doi.org/10.1002/ags3.12064
- Nationwide analysis of outcomes of bowel preparation in colon surgery.J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2015; 220: 912-920https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2015.02.008
- 750 summary: perioperative pathways: enhanced recovery after surgery.Obstet. Gynecol. 2018; 132: 801-802https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000002819
- Bowel resection or repair at the time of cytoreductive surgery for ovarian malignancy is associated with increased complication rate: an ACS-NSQIP study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2020; 158: 597-602https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2020.06.504
- Outcomes associated with a five-point surgical site infection prevention bundle in women undergoing surgery for ovarian cancer.Obstet. Gynecol. 2017; 130: 756-764https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000002213
- Enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) in gynecologic oncology: an international survey of peri-operative practice.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2020; 30: 1471-1478https://doi.org/10.1136/ijgc-2020-001683
- The clavien-dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience.Ann. Surg. 2009; 250: 187-196https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0b013e3181b13ca2
- International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics Staging classi fi cation for cancer of the ovary , fallopian tube , and peritoneum ☆.Int. J. Gynecol. Obstet. 2014; 124: 1-5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgo.2013.10.001
- Defining the limits of radical cytoreductive surgery for ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 123: 467-473https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2011.08.027
- Loop ileostomy versus loop colostomy for fecal diversion after colorectal or coloanal anastomosis: a meta-analysis.Int. J. Color. Dis. 2009; 24: 479-488https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-009-0662-x
- Loop transverse colostomy versus loop ileostomy for defunctioning of colorectal anastomosis: a systematic review, updated conventional meta-analysis, and cumulative meta-analysis.Surg. Today. 2019; 49: 108-117https://doi.org/10.1007/s00595-018-1708-x
- Morbidity and reversal rate of ileostomy after bowel resection during Visceral-Peritoneal Debulking (VPD) in patients with stage IIIC-IV ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2018; 148: 74-78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2017.11.017
- Diverting loop ileostomy after restorative proctocolectomy: predictors of poor outcome and poor quality of life.Color. Dis. 2010; 12: 914-920https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1463-1318.2009.01884.x
- Physiologic effects of bowel preparation.Dis. Colon Rectum. 2004; 47: 1397-1402https://doi.org/10.1007/s10350-004-0592-1
- Electrolyte changes after bowel preparation for colonoscopy: a randomized controlled multicenter trial.World J. Gastroenterol. 2015; 21: 3041-3048https://doi.org/10.3748/wjg.v21.i10.3041
- Bowel preparation: comparing metabolic and electrolyte changes when using sodium phosphate/polyethylene glycol.Int. J. Surg. 2010; 8: 356-358https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsu.2010.04.009
- Mechanical and oral antibiotic bowel preparation versus no bowel preparation for elective colectomy (MOBILE): a multicentre, randomised, parallel, single-blinded trial.Lancet. 2019; 394: 840-848https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(19)31269-3
- Preoperative oral antibiotics reduce surgical site infection following elective colorectal resections.Dis. Colon Rectum. 2012; 55: 1160-1166https://doi.org/10.1097/DCR.0b013e3182684fac
☆Abstract presented at The Society of Gynecologic Oncology 2022 Winter Meeting, Jan. 27-29, 2022, Olympic Valley, CA, USA.