- •Ten percent of women with BRCA associated EOC developed breast cancer.
- •Average 3.3 years of subsequent breast cancer diagnosis after EOC in BRCA carriers.
- •The incidence of breast cancer rises 3 years following diagnosis of serous EOC.
- •Breast cancer screening among women with BRCA-associated EOC was underutilized.
- •Prioritize non-invasive breast cancer screening 3 years after BRCA-associated EOC
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Characterization of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in a large United States sample.J. Clin. Oncol. 2006; 24: 863-871
- Meta-analysis of BRCA1 and BRCA2 penetrance.J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25: 1329-1333
- Risks of breast, ovarian, and contralateral breast cancer for BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers.Jama. 2017; 317: 2402-2416
- Penetrance of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and contralateral breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 families: high cancer incidence at older age.Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2010; 124: 643-651
- Utilization of BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation testing in newly diagnosed breast cancer patients.Cancer Epidemiol. Biomark. Prev. 2005; 14: 1003-1007
- Delivering widespread BRCA testing and PARP inhibition to patients with ovarian cancer.Nat. Rev. Clin. Oncol. 2017; 14: 284-296
- Society of gynecologic oncology statement on risk assessment for inherited gynecologic cancer predispositions.Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 136: 3-7
- Genetic testing for ovarian cancer.Soc. Gynecol. Oncol. 2014;
- Risk of metachronous breast cancer after BRCA mutation-associated ovarian cancer.Cancer. 2013; 119: 1344-1348
- The risk of primary and contralateral breast cancer after ovarian cancer in BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation carriers: implications for counseling.Cancer. 2013; 119: 955-962
- Breast cancer following ovarian cancer in BRCA mutation carriers.JAMA Surg. 2014; 149: 1306-1313
- Breast cancer screening for women at average risk: 2015 guideline update from the American cancer society.Jama. 2015; 314: 1599-1614
- Ten-year survival after epithelial ovarian cancer is not associated with BRCA mutation status.Gynecol. Oncol. 2016; 140: 42-47
- BRCA mutation frequency and patterns of treatment response in BRCA mutation-positive women with ovarian cancer: a report from the Australian ovarian cancer study group.J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30: 2654-2663
- Overall survival in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent serous ovarian cancer receiving olaparib maintenance monotherapy: an updated analysis from a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2016; 17: 1579-1589
- Maintenance olaparib in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2018; 379: 2495-2505
- Breast Cancer Risk Reduction.NCCN, 2018 (Version I.2018)
- Clinicopathologic features of BRCA-linked and sporadic ovarian cancer.Jama. 2000; 283: 2260-2265
- Improved survival in women with BRCA-associated ovarian carcinoma.Cancer. 2003; 97: 2187-2195
- Association of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations with survival, chemotherapy sensitivity, and gene mutator phenotype in patients with ovarian cancer.Jama. 2011; 306: 1557-1565
- Breast cancer risk in women with a primary ovarian cancer--a case-control study.Eur. J. Cancer. 2001; 37: 2229-2234
- Outcomes of women with metachronous breast and ovarian carcinomas.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 103: 190-194
- Analysis of the time interval between diagnoses in women with double primary breast and ovarian or primary peritoneal cancers.Gynecol. Oncol. 2004; 94: 796-802
- Synchronous and metachronous breast and ovarian cancer: experience from two large cancer center.Front. Oncol. 2020; 10: 608783
- Temporal trends of subsequent breast cancer among women with ovarian cancer: a population-based study.Arch. Gynecol. Obstet. 2020; 301: 1235-1245
- Cost effectiveness of risk-reducing mastectomy versus surveillance in BRCA mutation carriers with a history of ovarian cancer.Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2017; 24: 3116-3123
- The risk of ovarian cancer after breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriers.Gynecol. Oncol. 2005; 96: 222-226
- Risk of breast cancer after a diagnosis of ovarian cancer in BRCA mutation carriers: is preventive mastectomy warranted?.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; 145: 346-351
- Veliparib with first-line chemotherapy and as maintenance therapy in ovarian cancer.New Engl. J. Med. 2019; 381: 2403-2415
- Niraparib in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer.New Engl. J. Med. 2019; 381: 2391-2402
- Olaparib plus bevacizumab as first-line maintenance in ovarian cancer.New Engl. J. Med. 2019; 381: 2416-2428
- Genetic testing for a BRCA1 mutation: prophylactic surgery and screening behavior in women 2 years post testing.Am. J. Med. Genet. A. 2003; 118A: 201-209
- “Going Flat” After mastectomy: Patient-reported outcomes by online survey.Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2021; 28: 2493-2505