- •There are limited data on the concordance between tumor BRCA (tBRCA) and germline BRCA (gBRCA) testing in ovarian cancer.
- •In SOLO2, concordance between tBRCA and gBRCA testing was very high (98%) in gBRCA-mutated patients.
- •Large insertions or deletions accounted for only a small subset (5%) of gBRCA mutations.
- •The near 100% rate of bi-allelic loss of BRCA suggests that routine testing for BRCA zygosity is not required.
- •Results are in keeping with BRCA loss being a driver of tumorigenesis in ovarian cancer.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mutations in 12 genes for inherited ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal carcinoma identified by massively parallel sequencing.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2011; 108: 18032-18037
- Prevalence of deleterious germline variants in risk genes including BRCA1/2 in consecutive ovarian cancer patients (AGO-TR-1).PLoS One. 2017; 12e0186043
- Risks of breast, ovarian, and contralateral breast cancer for BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers.JAMA. 2017; 317: 2402-2416
- Specific killing of BRCA2-deficient tumours with inhibitors of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase.Nature. 2005; 434: 913-917
- Targeting the DNA repair defect in BRCA mutant cells as a therapeutic strategy.Nature. 2005; 434: 917-921
- Targeting the DNA damage response in cancer.Mol. Cell. 2015; 60: 547-560
- BRCA locus-specific loss of heterozygosity in germline BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriers.Nat. Commun. 2017; 8: 319
- Germline and somatic mutations in homologous recombination genes predict platinum response and survival in ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal carcinomas.Clin. Cancer Res. 2014; 20: 764-775
- Biological and clinical evidence for somatic mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2 as predictive markers for olaparib response in high-grade serous ovarian cancers in the maintenance setting.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 43653-43661
- Olaparib tablets as maintenance therapy in patients with platinum-sensitive, relapsed ovarian cancer and a BRCA1/2 mutation (SOLO2/ENGOT-Ov21): a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: 1274-1284
- Homologous recombination deficiency (HRD) score predicts response to platinum-containing neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with triple-negative breast cancer.Clin. Cancer Res. 2016; 22: 3764-3773
- Concordance between tumor and germline BRCA status in high-grade ovarian carcinoma patients in the phase III PAOLA-1/ENGOT-ov25 trial.J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2020; 113: 917-923
- Germline and somatic tumor testing in epithelial ovarian cancer: ASCO guideline.J. Clin. Oncol. 2020; 38: 1222-1245
- Locus-specific loss of heterozygosity (LOH) in BRCA1/2 mutated (mBRCA) ovarian tumors from the SOLO2 (NCT01874353) and Study 19 (NCT00753545) clinical trials.J Clin Oncol. 2018; 36 (abstract): 5563