- •A majority of OOC tumors are diagnosed at an early stage and have PFS and DSS consistent with what would be expected.
- •Women with an OOC diagnosed at the time of RRSO should be managed per stage-appropriate guidelines.
- •The OOC cohort was significantly older at RRSO, with a median age beyond that recommended for risk-reducing surgery.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gynecologic Oncology
- Cancer statistics, 2019.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2019; 69: 7-34
- Better therapeutic trials in ovarian cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014; 106: dju029
- Statement on FDA Safety Communication on Ovarian Cancer Screening Tests.(Available from:)https://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/News-Room/Statements/2016/ACOG-Statement-on-FDA-Safety-Communication-on-Ovarian-Cancer-Screening-Tests?IsMobileSet=falseDate: 2016
- Inherited mutations in women with ovarian carcinoma.JAMA Oncol. 2016; 2: 482-490
- Risks of breast, ovarian, and contralateral breast cancer for BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers.JAMA. 2017; 317: 2402-2416
- Prophylactic oophorectomy in carriers of BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations.N. Engl. J. Med. 2002; 346: 1616-1622
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation.N. Engl. J. Med. 2002; 346: 1609-1615
- Association of risk-reducing surgery in BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation carriers with cancer risk and mortality.JAMA. 2010; 304: 967-975
- NCCN Guidelines Insights: Genetic/Familial High-risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian, Version 2.2017.15(1). 2017: 9-20
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for the prevention of BRCA1-and BRCA2-associated breast and gynecologic cancer: a multicenter, prospective study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2008; 26: 1331
Rebbeck TR, Kauff ND, Domchek SMJJotNCI. Meta-analysis of risk reduction estimates associated with risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation carriers. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2009;101(2):80–7.
- Counselling framework for moderate-penetrance cancer-susceptibility mutations.Nat. Rev. Clin. Oncol. 2016; 13: 581
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy (RRSO) in BRCA mutation carriers: experience with a consecutive series of 111 patients using a standardized surgical-pathological protocol.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2011; 21: 846-851
- Primary fallopian tube malignancies in BRCA-positive women undergoing surgery for ovarian cancer risk reduction.J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25: 3985-3990
- Swisher EMJAjoo, gynecology. Predictors of occult neoplasia in women undergoing risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2006; 194: 1702-1709
- Occult and subsequent cancer incidence following risk-reducing surgery in BRCA mutation carriers.Gynecol. Oncol. 2016; 143: 231-235
- Colgan TJJGo. Clinical and pathologic findings of prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomies in 159 BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriers.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 100: 58-64
- Occult ovarian cancers identified at risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in a prospective cohort of BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2010; 124: 195-203
- Long term follow up of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers with unsuspected neoplasia identified at risk reducing salpingo-oophorectomy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013; 129: 364-371
- Impact of oophorectomy on cancer incidence and mortality in women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation.J. Clin. Oncol. 2014; 32: 1547
- Ovarian cancer statistics, 2018.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2018; 68: 284-296
- Ovarian cancer, version 1.2016, NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology.J. Natl. Compr. Cancer Netw. 2016; 14: 1134-1163
- Laparotomy to complete staging of presumed early ovarian cancer.Obstet. Gynecol. 1996; 87: 737-740
- Staging laparotomy in early ovarian cancer.JAMA. 1983; 250: 3072-3076
- Compliance to clinical guidelines for early-stage epithelial ovarian cancer in relation to patient outcome.Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 2007; 131: 203-208
- Maintenance olaparib in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer.N. Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2495-2505
- NCCN guidelines insights: genetic/familial high-risk assessment: breast, ovarian, and pancreatic, version 1.2020: featured updates to the NCCN guidelines.J. Natl. Compr. Cancer Netw. 2020; 18: 380-391
- Use of risk-reducing surgeries in a prospective cohort of 1,499 BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers.Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2014; 148: 397-406
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis after risk-reducing surgery in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.Cancer. 2018; 124: 952-959
- National estimates of genetic testing in women with a history of breast or ovarian cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2017; 35: 3800
- Risk assessment, genetic counseling, and genetic testing for BRCA-related cancer: US preventive services task force recommendation statement.JAMA. 2019; 322: 652-665
- Traceback: a proposed framework to increase identification and genetic counseling of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers through family-based outreach.J. Clin. Oncol. 2017; 35: 2329
Caswell-Jin JL, Zimmer AD, Stedden W, Kingham KE, Zhou AY, Kurian AW. Cascade genetic testing of relatives for hereditary Cancer risk: results of an online initiative. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2019;111(1):95–8.
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of germ-line BRCA testing in women with breast cancer and cascade testing in family members of mutation carriers.Genet Med. 2018; 20: 985
- Cascade testing: testing women for known hereditary genetic mutations associated with cancer.in: ACOG committee opinion no. 727. 73. 2018https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000002457 (4):211–2. Obstet Gynecol 2018 Jan;131(1):e31-e34