- •Women with gynecologic cancers are at risk for bone loss.
- •Osteoporosis screening is an important component of survivor care.
- •Early screening identifies women at highest risk for cancer treatment-induced bone loss.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Worldwide prevalence and incidence of osteoporotic vertebral fractures.Osteoporos. Int. 2017; 28: 1531-1542
- A systematic review of hip fracture incidence and probability of fracture worldwide.Osteoporos. Int. 2012; 23: 2239-2256
- The recent prevalence of osteoporosis and low bone mass in the United States based on bone mineral density at the femoral neck or lumbar spine.J. Bone Miner. Res. 2014; 29: 2520-2526
- Mechanisms of bone metastasis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2004; 350: 1655-1664
- Prevalence of osteoporosis among cancer patients in Germany.Osteoporos. Int. 2012; 23: 1437-1444
- Optimization of BMD measurements to identify high risk groups for treatment—a test analysis.J. Bone Miner. Res. 2004; 19: 906-913
- Screening in the community to reduce fractures in older women (SCOOP): a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2018; 391: 741-747
- Impact of surgical menopause on lipid and bone metabolism.Climacteric. 2011; 14: 445-452
- Postirradiation atrophic changes of bone and related complications.Radiology. 1975; 117: 677-685
- Bone health and pelvic radiotherapy.Clin. Oncol. 2015; 27: 668-678
- Bone density in patients with cervical cancer or endometrial cancer in comparison with healthy control; according to the stages.J. Cancer. 2015; 6: 686
- Bone mineral density in women treated for various types of gynecological cancer.Asia-Pacific J. Clin. Oncol. 2016; 12: e398-e404
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology, Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian (Version 2.2019).2019
- Osteoporosis risk and management in BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriers who undergo risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 138: 723-726
- Trends in osteoporosis and low bone mass in older US adults, 2005–2006 through 2013–2014.Osteoporos. Int. 2017; 28: 1979-1988
- Bone loss following oophorectomy among high-risk women: an NRG oncology/gynecologic oncology group study.Menopause (New York, NY). 2016; 23: 1228
- NCCN task force report: bone health in cancer care.J. Natl. Compr. Cancer Netw. 2013; 11: S1-50
- Predictors of bone mineral loss in patients with ovarian cancer treated with anticancer agents.Obstet. Gynecol. 1997; 90: 12-15
- Longitudinal assessment of bone loss from diagnostic computed tomography scans in gynecologic cancer patients treated with chemotherapy and radiation.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2010; 203 (353. e1-. e7)
- A study to evaluate the cause of bone demineralization in gynecological cancer survivors.Oncologist. 2013; 18: 423
- Pelvic fractures after radiotherapy for cervical cancer: implications for survivors.Cancer: Interdiscip. Int. J. Am. Cancer Soc. 2010; 116: 625-630
- Bone mineral loss induced by anticancer treatment for gynecological malignancies in premenopausal women.Endocrine Conn. 2013; 2: 11-17
- Insufficiency fractures in patients treated with pelvic radiotherapy and chemotherapy for uterine and cervical cancer.Eur. J. Cancer Care. 2014; 23: 43-50
- Pelvic fractures and changes in bone mineral density after radiotherapy for cervical, endometrial, and vaginal cancer: a prospective study of 239 women.Cancer. 2020; 126: 2607-2613
- Radiation-induced insufficiency fractures after pelvic irradiation for gynecologic malignancies: a systematic review.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 1 November 2020; 108: 620-634
- Is hormonal therapy effective in advanced endometrial cancer? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; 147: 158-166
- Hormonal maintenance therapy for women with low-grade serous cancer of the ovary or peritoneum.J. Clin. Oncol. 2017; 35: 1103
- Influence of letrozole and anastrozole on total body aromatization and plasma estrogen levels in postmenopausal breast cancer patients evaluated in a randomized, cross-over study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2002; 20: 751-757
- Five years of letrozole compared with tamoxifen as initial adjuvant therapy for postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer: update of study BIG 1-98.J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25: 486-492
- Effect of anastrozole and tamoxifen as adjuvant treatment for early-stage breast cancer: 10-year analysis of the ATAC trial.Lancet Oncol. 2010; 11: 1135-1141
- Switching of postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive early breast cancer to anastrozole after 2 years’ adjuvant tamoxifen: combined results of ABCSG trial 8 and ARNO 95 trial.Lancet. 2005; 366: 455-462
- Gynecologists. Practice bulletin no. 129: osteoporosis.Obstet. Gynecol. 2012; 120: 718-734
- Clinician’s guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.Osteoporos. Int. 2014; 25: 2359-2381
- Screening for osteoporosis to prevent fractures: US preventive services task force recommendation statement.Jama. 2018; 319: 2521-2531
- Management of osteoporosis in survivors of adult cancers with nonmetastatic disease: ASCO clinical practice guideline.J. Clin. Oncol. 2019; 37: 2916-2946
National Comprehensive Cancer Network Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Breast Cancer [Available from: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/breast.pdf.] Accessed August 13, 2020.
- American cancer society/American society of clinical oncology breast cancer survivorship care guideline.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2016; 66: 43-73
- Reproductive and hormonal considerations in women at increased risk for hereditary gynecologic cancers: Society of Gynecologic Oncology and American Society for reproductive medicine evidence-based review.Gynecol. Oncol. 2019; 155: 508-514
- Opportunistic screening for osteoporosis using abdominal computed tomography scans obtained for other indications.Ann. Intern. Med. 2013; 158: 588-595
- Survivorship planning in gynecologic cancer patients.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013; 130: 389-397