- •First trial investigating pazopanib plus fosbretabulin in relapsed ovarian cancer.
- •The median PFS and OS favoured pazopanib plus fosbretabulin versus pazopanib alone.
- •Pazopanib plus fosbretabulin was associated with reversible cardiac toxicity.
- •The trial was discontinued due to cardiac toxicity in the experimental arm.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2018.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2018; 68: 7-30
- OCEANS: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III trial of chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent epithelial ovarian, primary peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30: 2039-2045
- Incorporation of bevacizumab in the primary treatment of ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 2473-2483
- A phase 3 trial of bevacizumab in ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 2484-2496
- Bevacizumab combined with chemotherapy for platinum-resistant recurrent ovarian cancer: the AURELIA open-label randomized phase III trial.J. Clin. Oncol. 2014; 32: 1302-1308
- Modes of resistance to anti-angiogenic therapy.Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2008; 8: 592-603
- Isolation and structure of the strong cell growth and tubulin inhibitor combretastatin A-4.Experientia. 1989; 45: 209-211
- Isolation, structure, and synthesis of combretastatins A-1 and B-1, potent new inhibitors of microtubule assembly, derived from Combretum caffrum.J. Nat. Prod. 1987; 50: 119-131
- Assessment of pharmacodynamic vascular response in a phase I trial of combretastatin A4 phosphate.J. Clin. Oncol. 2003; 21: 2823-2830
- Combretastatin A-4, an agent that displays potent and selective toxicity toward tumor vasculature.Cancer Res. 1997; 57: 1829-1834
- Phase I trial of the antivascular agent combretastatin A4 phosphate on a 5-day schedule to patients with cancer: magnetic resonance imaging evidence for altered tumor blood flow.J. Clin. Oncol. 2003; 21: 4428-4438
- Mechanisms associated with tumor vascular shut-down induced by combretastatin A-4 phosphate: intravital microscopy and measurement of vascular permeability.Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 6413-6422
- Combretastatin A-4 phosphate as a tumor vascular-targeting agent: early effects in tumors and normal tissues.Cancer Res. 1999; 59: 1626-1634
- Combretastatin A4 phosphate has tumor antivascular activity in rat and man as demonstrated by dynamic magnetic resonance imaging.J. Clin. Oncol. 2003; 21: 2831-2842
- Phase I clinical trial of weekly combretastatin A4 phosphate: clinical and pharmacokinetic results.J. Clin. Oncol. 2003; 21: 2815-2822
- Therapy-induced acute recruitment of circulating endothelial progenitor cells to tumors.Science. 2006; 313: 1785-1787
- Randomized phase II evaluation of bevacizumab versus bevacizumab plus Fosbretabulin in recurrent ovarian, tubal, or peritoneal carcinoma: an NRG oncology/gynecologic oncology group study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2016; 34: 2279-2286
- Phase I trial of combretastatin A4 phosphate (CA4P) in combination with bevacizumab in patients with advanced cancer.Clin. Cancer Res. 2012; 18: 3428-3439
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur. J. Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- Definitions for response and progression in ovarian cancer clinical trials incorporating RECIST 1.1 and CA 125 agreed by the Gynecological Cancer Intergroup (GCIG).Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2011; 21: 419-423
- The combination of circulating Ang1 and Tie2 levels predicts progression-free survival advantage in bevacizumab-treated patients with ovarian cancer.Clin. Cancer Res. 2014; 20: 4549-4558
- Plasma Tie2 is a tumor vascular response biomarker for VEGF inhibitors in metastatic colorectal cancer.Nat. Commun. 2018; 9: 4672
- Systematic analysis of circulating soluble angiogenesis-associated proteins in ICON7 identifies Tie2 as a biomarker of vascular progression on bevacizumab.Br. J. Cancer. 2016; 115: 228-235
- Histopathological and functional changes in a single-dose model of combretastatin A4 disodium phosphate-induced myocardial damage in rats.J. Toxicol. Pathol. 2018; 31: 307-313
- A dose-escalation study of combretastatin A4-phosphate in healthy dogs.Vet. Comp. Oncol. 2018; 16: E16-E22
- Analysis of serum protein levels of angiogenic factors and their soluble receptors as markers of response to cediranib in the NCIC CTG BR.24 clinical trial.Lung Cancer. 2015; 90: 288-295
- Circulating biomarkers during treatment in patients with advanced biliary tract cancer receiving cediranib in the UK ABC-03 trial.Br. J. Cancer. 2018; 119: 27-35
- Cediranib in patients with relapsed platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer (ICON6): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1066-1074
- Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic evaluation of the vascular-disrupting agent OXi4503 in patients with advanced solid tumors.Clin. Cancer Res. 2012; 18: 1415-1425