- •Laparoscopic splenectomy is feasible and safe to perform for isolated ovarian cancer recurrence.
- •Patient positioning, trocar placement, and knowledge of LUQ anatomy are key in performing a laparoscopic splenectomy.
- •The splenectomy surgical approach is largely dictated by tumor location and size.
- •The surgical technique for laparoscopic splenectomy is similar to that for open splenectomy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Splenectomy in patients with advanced or recurrent ovarian cancer: open and laparoscopic surgical techniques and clinical outcomes.Gynecol. Oncol. 2007; 104: 29-32
- Splenectomy (total and partial) and Splenopancreatectomy.in: Katkhouda N. Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery: Techniques and Tips. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Berlin, Heidelberg2010
- Splenectomy.in: Minter R.M. Doherty G.M. Current Procedures. McGraw-Hill, New York2011
- Splenic injuries.in: Demetriades D. Inaba K. Velmahos G.C. Atlas of Surgical Techniques in Trauma. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2015
- Splenectomy for haematological disorders.Pril (Makedon Akad Nauk Umet Odd Med Nauki). 2014; 35: 181-187
- Secondary surgical cytoreduction for recurrent ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2019; 381: 1929-1939
- Interval cytoreduction for advanced ovarian cancer: is minimally invasive surgery ready for the next prospective randomized trial?.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2019; 29: 3-4