- •695 patients with colorectal anastomosis were included. The anastomotic leak (AL) rate was 6.6%
- •Twelve pre-/intra-operative variables were analysed as potential independent risk factors for AL.
- •Age, albumin, additional bowel resection, manual anastomosis and distance from the anal verge were associated with AL.
- •A predictive model was created to stablish the risk of anastomotic leak for a given patient.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Radical oophorectomy with primary stapled colorectal anastomosis for resection of locally advanced epithelial ovarian cancer.J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2003; 197: 565-573
- Modified posterior pelvic exenteration for ovarian cancer.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2009; 19 (Jul): 968-973
- Risk factors for anastomotic leak after rectosigmoid resection for ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 103 (Nov): 667-672
- Rectosigmoid resection at the time of primary cytoreduction for advanced ovarian cancer. A multi-center analysis of surgical and oncological outcomes.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; 126 (Aug): 220-223
- Multiple large bowel resections: potential risk factor for anastomotic leak.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013 Jul; 130: 213-218
- The impact of type and number of bowel resections on anastomotic leakage risk in advanced ovarian cancer surgery.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; 146 (Sep): 498-503
- The incidence of major complications after the performance of extensive upper abdominal surgical procedures during primary cytoreduction of advanced ovarian, tubal, and peritoneal carcinomas.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 119: 38-42
- Role of maximal primary cytoreductive surgery in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian and tubal cancer: surgical and oncological outcomes. Single institution experience.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 119: 259-264
- Role of histological type on surgical outcome and survival following radical primary tumour debulking of epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube and peritoneal cancers.Br. J. Cancer. 2011; 105: 1818-1824
- Value of tertiary cytoreductive surgery in epithelial ovarian cancer: an international multicenter evaluation.Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2013; 20: 1348-1354
Tseng JH, Suidan RS, Zivanovic O, Gardner GJ, Sonoda Y, Levine DA, et al. Diverting ileostomy during primary debulking surgery for ovarian cancer: associated factors and postoperative outcomes. Gynecol. Oncol.. 2016 Aug;142(2):217–24.
- The Western Australian experience of the use of en bloc resection of ovarian cancer with concomitant rectosigmoid colectomy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2002; 84: 53-57
Mourton SM, Temple LK, Abu-Rustum NR, Gemignani ML, Sonoda Y, Bochner BH, et al. Morbidity of rectosigmoid resection and primary anastomosis in patients undergoing primary cytoreductive surgery for advanced epithelial ovarian cancer. Gynecol. Oncol. 2005;99:608–14.
- Safety and efficacy of low anterior en bloc resection as part of cytoreductive surgery for patients with ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2001; 83: 115-120
- Predictive and prognostic implication of bowel resections during primary cytoreductive surgery in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2018; 28 (Nov): 1664-1671
- Postoperative readmissions following ileostomy formation among patients with a gynecologic malignancy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 134 (Sep): 561-565
Phatak U.R; Kao L.S; You Y.N; Rodriguez-Bigas M.A; Skibber J.M; Feig B.W. et al. Impact of ileostomy-related complications on the multidisciplinary treatment of rectal cancer, Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2014 Feb;21(2): 507–512.
- Ostomy-related problems and their impact on quality of life of colorectal cancer ostomates: a systematic review.Qual. Life Res. 2016; 25 (Jan): 125-133
- Ghost ileostomy in advanced ovarian cancer: a reliable option.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2018; 28 (Sep): 1418-1426
- Virtual ileostomy following TME and primary sphincter-saving reconstruction for rectal cancer.Hepatogastroenterology. 2007; 54: 1676-1678
- Virtual ileostomy following rectal cancer surgery: a good tool to avoid un-useful stomas?.Hepatogastroenterology. 2011; 58: 1479-1481
- Ghost ileostomy after anterior resection for rectal cancer: a preliminary experience.Langenbeck's Arch. Surg. 2011; 396: 997-1007
- Ghost ileostomy: real and potential advantages.Am. J. Surg. 2010; 200: e55-e57
- Ghost ileostomy in anterior resection for rectal carcinoma: is it worthwhile?.Dis. Colon Rectum. 2013; 56 (Jan): 29-34
- Definitive risk factors for anastomotic leaks in elective open colorectal resection.Arch. Surg. 2008; 143: 907
- Risk factors for anastomotic leakage after surgery for colorectal cancer: results of prospective surveillance.J. Am. Coll. Surg. 2006; 202: 439
- A prospective algorithm to reduce anastomotic leaks after rectosigmoid resection for gynecologic malignancies.Gynecol. Oncol. 2017; 144 (Feb): 343-347
- Morbidity and reversal rate of ileostomy after bowel resection during Visceral-Peritoneal Debulking (VPD) in patients with stage IIIC–IV ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2018; 148 (Jan): 74-78
- Risk factors for anastomotic leakage after rectal cancer surgery: a case-control study.Color. Dis. 2008; 10: 715
- Anastomotic leakage after low colonic anastomosis.Am. J. Surg. 1972; 123: 104-109
- A defunctioning ileostomy does not prevent clinical anastomotic leak after a low anterior resection: a prospective, comparative study.Dis. Colon Rectum. 2005; 48: 2076-2079
- Septic complications after low anterior rectal resection—is diverting stoma still justified?.Acta Chir. Iugosl. 2002; 49: 67-71
- Protective defunctioning stoma in low anterior resection for rectal carcinoma.Br. J. Surg. 2005; 92: 1137-1142
- Loop ileostomy: technical aspects and complications.Eur. J. Surg. 1999; 165: 140-143
- Defunctioning loop ileostomy and stapled side-to-side closure has low morbidity.Ann. R. Coll. Surg. Engl. 2001; 83: 246-249
- Techniques and complications of ileostomy takedown.Am. J. Surg. 1999; 177: 463-466
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2018; 378 (Jan 18): 230-240