- •NME1 and EGFR were the candidate genes most strongly associated with progression in this endometrial cancer patient cohort.
- •SNP rs13222385 in EGFR also remained significant after adjusting for prognostic clinical variables.
- •Although hypothesis generating, further work is needed to validate these findings and assess for other predictive SNPs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2018.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2018; 68: 7-30
- Surgical pathologic spread patterns of endometrial cancer. A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.Cancer. 1987; 60: 2035-2041
- Prediction of lymph node metastasis in patients with endometrioid endometrial cancer using expression microarray.Clin. Cancer Res. 2006; 12: 83-88
- Systematic pelvic lymphadenectomy vs. no lymphadenectomy in early-stage endometrial carcinoma: randomized clinical trial.J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2008; 100: 1707-1716
- group, Kitchener H., Swart A.M., Qian Q., Amos C., Parmar M.K. Efficacy of systematic pelvic lymphadenectomy in endometrial cancer (MRC ASTEC trial): a randomised study.Lancet. 2009; 373: 125-136
- Randomized phase III trial of whole-abdominal irradiation versus doxorubicin and cisplatin chemotherapy in advanced endometrial carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2006; 24: 36-44
- Significant pelvic recurrence in high-risk pathologic stage I–IV endometrial carcinoma patients after adjuvant chemotherapy alone: implications for adjuvant radiation therapy.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2001; 50: 1145-1153
- Factors influencing survival in endometrial cancer relapsing patients: a Cooperation Task Force (CTF) study.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2003; 13: 458-465
- Risk factors for postoperative lower-extremity lymphedema in endometrial cancer survivors who had treatment including lymphadenectomy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 119: 60-64
- Germline polymorphisms are potential metastasis risk and prognosis markers in breast cancer.Breast Dis. 2006; 26: 157-162
- The intersection of inheritance and metastasis: the role and implications of germline polymorphism in tumor dissemination.Cell Cycle. 2005; 4: 1719-1721
- Allelic diversity in the host genetic background may be an important determinant in tumor metastatic dissemination.Cancer Lett. 2003; 200: 97-105
- A molecular signature of metastasis in primary solid tumors.Nat. Genet. 2003; 33: 49-54
- Gil J. A role for CXCR2 in senescence, but what about in cancer?.Cancer Res. 2009; 69: 2167-2170
- Polymorphisms and clinical outcome in recurrent ovarian cancer treated with cyclophosphamide and bevacizumab.Clin. Cancer Res. 2008; 14: 7554-7563
- Interleukin genes and associations with colon and rectal cancer risk and overall survival.International journal of cancer Journal international du cancer. 2013; 132: 905-915
- Combined effects of IL-8 and CXCR2 gene polymorphisms on breast cancer susceptibility and aggressiveness.BMC Cancer. 2010; 10: 283
- Genetic variation in interleukin 8 and its receptor genes and its influence on the risk and prognosis of prostate cancer among Finnish men in a large cancer prevention trial.European journal of cancer prevention: the official journal of the European Cancer Prevention Organisation. 2006; 15: 249-253
J. Colicelli. ABL tyrosine kinases: evolution of function, regulation, and specificity. Sci Signal. 2010;3:re6.
- Association between polymorphisms in cancer-related genes and early onset of esophageal adenocarcinoma.Neoplasia. 2011; 13: 386-392
- Cell cycle genes and ovarian cancer susceptibility: a tagSNP analysis.Br. J. Cancer. 2009; 101: 1461-1468
- A new potential oncogenic mutation in the FERM domain of JAK2 in BCR/ABL1-negative and V617F-negative chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms revealed by a comprehensive screening of 17 tyrosine kinase coding genes.Cancer Genet. Cytogenet. 2010; 199: 1-8
- The molecular biology of endometrial cancers and the implications for pathogenesis, classification.and targeted therapies. Cancer control: journal of the Moffitt Cancer Center. 2009; 16: 8-13
- Pe'er I., Freedman M.L. Allelic selection of amplicons in glioblastoma revealed by combining somatic and germline analysis.PLoS Genet. 2010; 6e1001086
- Lanthionine synthetase C-like protein 2 (LanCL2) is a novel regulator of Akt.Mol. Biol. Cell. 2014; 25: 3954-3961
- Tsao M.S. EGFR mutations and lung cancer.Annu. Rev. Pathol. 2011; 6: 49-69
- Phase II trial of trastuzumab in women with advanced or recurrent, HER2-positive endometrial carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 116: 15-20
- Stephenson T.J. nm23--a metastasis suppressor gene?.J. Pathol. 1994; 173: 211-212
- Association of low nm23 RNA levels in human primary infiltrating ductal breast carcinomas with lymph node involvement and other histopathological indicators of high metastatic potential.Cancer Res. 1989; 49: 5185-5190
- Levels of nm23 messenger RNA in metastatic malignant melanomas: inverse correlation to disease progression.Cancer Res. 1992; 52: 6088-6091
- Nm23 expression in endometrial and cervical cancer: inverse correlation with lymph node involvement and myometrial invasion.Br. J. Cancer. 1996; 74: 1063-1068
- Amplification of fgfr4 gene in human breast and gynecological cancers.International journal of cancer Journal international du cancer. 1993; 54: 378-382
- Endometrial cancer and genetic variation in PTEN, PIK3CA, AKT1, MLH1, and MSH2 within a population-based case-control study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 120: 167-173
- Genetic diversity and new therapeutic concepts.J. Hum. Genet. 2005; 50: 321-328
- Understanding the origin of species with genome-scale data: modelling gene flow.Nat. Rev. Genet. 2013; 14: 404-414
- Bias in case-control studies.A review. Journal of epidemiology and community health. 1990; 44: 179-186