- •Elesclomol increases reactive oxygen species and enhances the efficacy of chemotherapy in preclinical models.
- •There is no added clinical benefit to paclitaxel when elesclomol is added to treatment of recurrent ovarian cancer.
- •The combination of paclitaxel and elesclomol is well tolerated.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Latest research and treatment of advanced-stage epithelial ovarian cancer.Nat. Rev. Clin. Oncol. 2013; 10: 211-224
- A phase II study of docetaxel in paclitaxel-resistant ovarian and peritoneal carcinoma: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2003; 88: 130-135
- Phase II trial of weekly paclitaxel (80 mg/m2) in platinum and paclitaxel-resistant ovarian and primary peritoneal cancers: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 101: 436-440
- A phase II evaluation of nab-paclitaxel in the treatment of recurrent or persistent platinum-resistant ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2010; 28 (suppl; abstr 5010): 7s
- A phase II trial of paclitaxel poliglumex in recurrent or persistent ovarian or primary peritoneal cancer (EOC): a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2008; 111: 455-460
- Bringing new medicines to women with epithelial ovarian cancer: what is the unmet medical need?.Gynecol. Oncol. Res. Pract. 2017; 4: 13
- Cellular mechanisms of the cytotoxicity of the anticancer drug elesclomol and its complex with Cu(II).Biochem. Pharmacol. 2015; 93: 266-276
- Final results of phase III SYMMETRY study: randomized, double-blind trial of elesclomol plus paclitaxel versus paclitaxel alone as treatment for chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced melanoma.J. Clin. Oncol. 2013; 20: 1211-1218
- Drug evaluation: STA-4783--enhancing taxane efficacy by induction of Hsp70.Curr. Opin. Investig. Drugs. 2006; 7: 574-580
- Phase I clinical trial of STA-4783 in combination with paclitaxel in patients with refractory solid tumors.Clin. Cancer Res. 2007; 13: 584-590
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumors: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur. J. Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE) Version 4.0 Published: May 28, 2009 (v4.03: June 14, 2010).
- Optimal 2-stage trial design for phase II trials.Control. Clin. Trials. 1989; 10: 1-10
- Optimal flexible designs in phase II clinical trials.Stat. Med. 1998; 17: 2301-2312
- Bevacizumab combined with chemotherapy for platinum-resistant recurrent ovarian cancer: the AURELIA open-label randomized phase III trial.J. Clin. Oncol. 2014; 32: 1302-1308
☆This study was supported by National Cancer Institute grants to the Gynecologic Oncology Group Administrative Office ( CA 27469 ), the Gynecologic Oncology Group Statistical and Data Center ( CA 37517 ), NRG Oncology ( 1 U10 CA180822 ) and NRG Operations ( U10CA180868 ). The following NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group member institutions participated in this study: University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Cancer Research for the Ozarks NCORP, Rush University Medical Center, Duke University Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Michigan Cancer Research Consortium Community Clinical Oncology Program, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Washington University School of Medicine, MD Ander Cancer Center, University of Virginia, The Hospital of Central Connecticut, Iowa-Wide Oncology Research Coalition NCORP, Abington Memorial Hospital, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Indiana University Hospital/Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, University of California Medical Center at Irvine-Orange Campus, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, Yale University, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Women and Infants Hospital, Saint Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Piedmont Hospital, Central Illinois CCOP, Virginia Commonwealth University, Mainline Health CCOP, Wichita CCOP, Southeast Cancer Control Consortium CCOP and Northside Hospital.