- •After conization, HPV vaccine shows 80% clinical effectiveness in disease relapse prevention.
- •Clinical benefits of vaccination are demonstrated up to 4 years.
- •HPV vaccine has no therapeutic effect on prevalent HPV infection or disease.
- •HPV vaccination is beneficial as an adjuvant additional to surgical treatment.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gynecologic Oncology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Human Papilloma Virus Vaccines: WHO Position Paper. Weekly Epidemiological Record, No. 15. 84. 2009: 117-132
- Human papillomavirus vaccines.Rev. Med. Virol. 2006 May–Jun; 16: 139-149
- Evaluation of quadrivalent HPV 6/11/16/18 vaccine efficacy against cervical and anogenital disease in subjects with serological evidence of prior vaccine type HPV infection.Hum. Vaccin. 2009 Oct; 5: 696-704
- Long-term follow-up observation of the safety, immunogenicity, and effectiveness of Gardasil in adult women.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e8343
- Safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, 18) recombinant vaccine in women aged 24–45 years: a randomised, double-blind trial.Lancet. 2009; 373: 1949-1957
- Effect of the human papillomavirus (HPV) quadrivalent vaccine in a subgroup of women with cervical and vulvar disease: retrospective pooled analysis of trial data.; FUTURE I and II study group.BMJ. 2012 Mar 27; e1401: 344
- Prevention of recurrent high-grade anal neoplasia with quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccination of men who have sex with men: a nonconcurrent cohort study.Clin. Infect. Dis. 2012 Apr; 54: 891-898
- Adjuvant HPV vaccination for anal cancer prevention in HIV-positive men who have sex with men: the time is now.Vaccine. 2017 Sep 12; 35: 5102-5109
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP)-time for a reckoning?.Laryngoscope Investig. Otolaryngol. 2017 May 28; 2: 184-186
- Prevention of anal condyloma with quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccination of older men who have sex with men.PLoSOne. 2014 Apr 8; 9e93393
- Appropriate use of leep interventions.J. Low Genit. Tract. Dis. 1998 Oct; 2: 254
- Is vaccination with quadrivalent HPV vaccine after loop electrosurgical excision procedure effective in preventing recurrence in patients with high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN2-3)?.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013 Aug; 130: 264-268
- Prior human papillomavirus-16/18 AS04-adjuvanted vaccination prevents recurrent high-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia after definitive surgical therapy: post-hoc analysis from a randomized controlled trial.Int. J. Cancer. 2016; 139: 2812-2826
- Impact of human papillomavirus (HPV) 16 and 18 vaccination on prevalent infections and rates of cervical lesions after excisional treatment.J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2016 Aug; 215: 212-215
- Interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma): a possible prognostic marker for clearance of high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV).Gynecol. Oncol. 2008 Mar; 108: 543-548
- Association of interleukin-6 in women with persistence of DNA-HPV: a nested case-control study.Arch. Gynecol. Obstet. 2012 Jan; 285: 143-148
- Role of cytokines in genesis, progression and prognosis of cervical cancer.Asian Pac. J. Cancer Prev. 2014; 15: 3851-3864
- Cervical cytokines and clearance of incident human papillomavirus infection: Hawaii HPV cohort study.Int. J. Cancer. 2013 Sep 1; 133: 1187-1196
- Influence of a loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) on levels of cytokines in cervical secretions.J. Reprod. Immunol. 2015 Jun; 109: 74-83
Published online: September 06, 2018
Accepted: August 25, 2018
Received in revised form: August 21, 2018
Received: June 29, 2018
© 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.