- •First ovarian cancer trial targeting the ALK1 receptor signal transduction pathway.
- •Phase II trial of dalantercept in patients with persistent or recurrent disease.
- •Insufficient efficacy to warrant further investigation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2017.CA Cancer J. Clin. 2017; 67: 7-30
- Signatures of mutational processes in human cancer.Nature. 2013; 500: 415-421
- TP53 mutation-mediated genomic instability induces the evolution of chemoresistance and recurrence in epithelial ovarian cancer.Diagn. Pathol. 2017; 12: 16
- OCEANS: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase III trial of chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent epithelial ovarian, primary peritoneal, or fallopian tube cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30: 2039-2045
- Incorporation of bevacizumab in the primary treatment of ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 2473-2483
- Bevacizumab and paclitaxel-carboplatin chemotherapy and secondary cytoreduction in recurrent, platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer (NRG oncology/gynecologic oncology group study GOG-0213): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2017; 18: 779-791
- A phase 3 trial of bevacizumab in ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 2484-2496
- Bevacizumab combined with chemotherapy for platinum-resistant recurrent ovarian cancer: the AURELIA open-label randomized phase III trial.J. Clin. Oncol. 2014; 32: 1302-1308
- Therapeutic implications of intrinsic or induced angiogenic growth factor redundancy in tumors revealed.Cancer Cell. 2005; 8: 269-271
- Tumor angiogenesis.N. Engl. J. Med. 2008; 358: 2039-2049
- Mechanisms of TGF-beta signaling from cell membrane to the nucleus.Cell. 2003; 113: 685-700
- Arterial endothelium-specific activin receptor-like kinase 1 expression suggests its role in arterialization and vascular remodeling.Circ. Res. 2003; 93: 682-689
- BMP-9 induces proliferation of multiple types of endothelial cells in vitro and in vivo.J. Cell Sci. 2010; 123: 1684-1692
- ALK1-Fc inhibits multiple mediators of angiogenesis and suppresses tumor growth.Mol. Cancer Ther. 2010; 9: 379-388
- Safety, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and antitumor activity of dalantercept, an activin receptor-like kinase-1 ligand trap, in patients with advanced cancer.Clin. Cancer Res. 2014; 20: 480-489
- A phase II trial of intraperitoneal EGEN-001, an IL-12 plasmid formulated with PEG-PEI-cholesterol lipopolymer in the treatment of persistent or recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 133: 433-438
- Phase II trial of the mTOR inhibitor, temsirolimus and evaluation of circulating tumor cells and tumor biomarkers in persistent and recurrent epithelial ovarian and primary peritoneal malignancies: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 123: 19-26
- Phase II trial of bevacizumab in persistent or recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer or primary peritoneal cancer: a gynecologic oncology group study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25: 5165-5171
- A phase II study of a urokinase-derived peptide (A6) in the treatment of persistent or recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal carcinoma: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; 125: 635-639
- A phase II evaluation of AMG 102 (rilotumumab) in the treatment of persistent or recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal carcinoma: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 132: 526-530
- A phase II evaluation of mifepristone in the treatment of recurrent or persistent epithelial ovarian, fallopian or primary peritoneal cancer: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 116: 332-334
- Phase II evaluation of dasatinib in the treatment of recurrent or persistent epithelial ovarian or primary peritoneal carcinoma: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; 127: 70-74
- A phase II evaluation of motesanib (AMG 706) in the treatment of persistent or recurrent ovarian, fallopian tube and primary peritoneal carcinomas: a gynecologic oncology group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013; 129: 86-91
- A gynecologic oncology group phase II trial of the protein kinase C-beta inhibitor, enzastaurin and evaluation of markers with potential predictive and prognostic value in persistent or recurrent epithelial ovarian and primary peritoneal malignancies.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 121: 455-461
- Phase II evaluation of dalantercept, a soluble recombinant activin receptor-like kinase 1 (ALK1) receptor fusion protein, for the treatment of recurrent or persistent endometrial cancer: an NRG oncology/gynecologic oncology group study 0229N.Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 138: 24-29
- A phase 2 study of dalantercept, an activin receptor-like kinase-1 ligand trap, in patients with recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.Cancer. 2016; 122: 3641-3649
- The DART study: results from the dose-escalation and expansion cohorts evaluating the combination of Dalantercept plus Axitinib in advanced renal cell carcinoma.Clin. Cancer Res. 2017; 23: 3557-3565
- A method for utilizing co-primary efficacy outcome measures to screen regimens for activity in two-stage phase II clinical trials.Clin. Trials. 2012; 9: 385-395
- Regression models and life tables (with discussion).J. R. Stat. Soc. 1972; 34: 187-220
☆This study was supported by National Cancer Institute grants to the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) Administrative Office ( CA 27469 ), the Gynecologic Oncology Group Statistical Office ( CA 37517 ), NRG Oncology ( 1 U10 CA180822 ) and NRG Operations ( U10CA180868 ). Drs. Aghajanian and Makker are supported in part by the MSK Cancer Center Support Grant P30 CA008748. The following Gynecologic Oncology institutions participated in this study: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Central Illinois CCOP, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Abington Memorial Hospital, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Case Western Reserve University and Sanford NCI Community Oncology Research Program of the North Central Plains.