- •This study screened for miRNAs associated with endometrial cancer recurrence.
- •We profiled miRNAs from the three major endometrial cancer subtypes in GOG210.
- •One miRNA, miR-181c, was significantly dysregulated in recurrent tumors.
- •miR-181c was downregulated in recurrent endometrioid adenocarcinoma subtype.
- •Loss of miR-181c correlated with increased levels of its target NOTCH2.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer Facts and Figures 2014.
- Endometrial cancer: EMSO clinical practice guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.Ann. Oncol. 2010; 21: v41-v45
- Mechanisms of miRNA-mediated gene regulation from common downregulation to mRNA-specific upregulation.Int. J. Genomics. 2014; 970607
- MicroRNAs in cancer.Annu. Rev. Pathol. 2014; 9: 287-314
- Towards a microRNA signature of endometrial cancer.Proc. Obstet. Gynecol. 2011; 2: 2
- MicroRNA expression patterns across seven cancers are highly correlated and dominated by evolutionarily ancient families.Biomed. Rep. 2014; 2: 384-387
- Role of miRNAs in endometrial cancer.Histol. Histopathol. 2015; 30: 539-548
- microRNA expression profiling of endometrial endometrioid adenocarcinomas and serous adenocarcinomas reveals profiles containing shared, unique and differentiating groups of microRNAs.Oncol. Rep. 2011; 26: 995-1002
- Global dysregulation of the chromosome 14q32 imprinted region in uterine carcinosarcoma.Exp. Ther. Med. 2012; 3: 677-682
- The RIN: an RNA integrity number for assigning integrity values to RNA measurements.BMC Mol. Biol. 2006; 7: 3
- Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(−Delta Delta C(T)) Method.Methods. 2001; 25: 402-408
- Analyzing real-time PCR data by the comparative Ct method.Nat. Protoc. 2008; 3: 1101-1108
- Statistical Methods.8th edition. Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa1989
- Bonferroni and Sidak corrections for multiple comparisons.in: Salkind N.J. Encyclopedia of Measurement and Statistics. Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA2007: 9
- miRWalk - database: prediction of possible miRNA binding sites by "walking" the genes of 3 genomes.J. Biomed. Inform. 2011; 44: 839-7
- Bioinformatics enrichment tools: paths toward the comprehensive functional analysis of large gene lists.Nucleic Acids Res. 2009; 37: 1-13
- Systematic and integrative analysis of large gene lists using DAVID bioinformatics resources.Nat. Protoc. 2009; 4: 44-57
- Models representing type I and type II human endometrial cancers: Ishikawa H and Hec50co cells.Gynecol. Oncol. 2007; 106: 52-64
- DNA profile analysis of endometrial and ovarian cell lines reveals misidentification, redundancy and contamination.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; 127: 241-248
- Notch2 signaling induces apoptosis and inhibits human MDA-MB-231 xenograft growth.Am. J. Pathol. 2007; 171: 1023-1036
- Statistical significance for genome wide studies.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2003; 100: 9440-9445
- Integrated genomic characterization of endometrial carcinoma.Nature. 2013; 497: 67-73
- Notch inhibitors for cancer treatment.Pharmacol. Ther. 2013; 139: 95-110
- Involvement of epigenetically silenced microRNA-181c in gastric carcinogenesis.Carcinogenesis. 2010; 31: 777-784
- Epigenetic silencing of miR-181c by DNA methylation in glioblastoma cell lines.BMC Cancer. 2016; 16: 226
- Endometrial cancer.Lancet. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)00130-0
- Notch signaling: cell fate control and signal integration in development.Science. 1999; 284: 770-776
- Constitutive Notch2 signaling induces hepatic tumors in mice.Hepatology. 2013; 57: 1607-1619
- MicroRNA-107 inhibits glioma cell migration and invasion by modulating NOTCH2 expression.J. Neuro-Oncol. 2013; 112: 59-66
- Effect of siRNA-mediated silencing of Notch2 on proliferation of the HepG2 human hepatocellular carcinoma cells.Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2014; 22: 354-357
- NOTCH knockdown affects the proliferation and mTOR signaling of leukemia cells.Anticancer Res. 2013; 33: 4293-4298
- Notch2-induced COX-2 expression enhancing gastric cancer progression.Mol. Carcinog. 2012; 51: 939-951
- Tenascin-C is a novel RBP Jkappa-induced target gene for Notch signaling in gliomas.Cancer Res. 2009; 69: 458-465
- Factors predicting recurrent endometrial cancer.FVV in ObGyn. 2013; 5: 179-186
- DNA methyltransferase inhibitors and their emerging Role in epigenetic therapy of cancer.Anticancer Res. 2013; 33: 2989-2996
☆This work is funded by National Cancer Institute grants R01 CA099908 (KKL), R01 CA184101 (KKL), U10 CA180868 (NRG Oncology Operations), U10 CA180822 (NRG SDMC), CA27469 U24CA114793 (GOG Administrative Office and Tissue Bank), and CA37517 (GOG Statistical and Data Center) and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Research Fund .