- •GWAS may identity single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associated with survival.
- •This GWAS study failed to identify SNPs associated with PFS or OS.
- •Larger GWAS analyses may prove more insightful.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- E.M. Kosary C.L. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975–2001. 2001
- Prognostic factors for stage III epithelial ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25: 3621-3627
- The impact of disease distribution on survival in patients with stage III epithelial ovarian cancer cytoreduced to microscopic residual: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 122: 521-526
- Extending the platinum-free interval in recurrent ovarian cancer: the role of topotecan in second-line chemotherapy.Oncologist. 1999; 4: 87-94
- Second-line platinum therapy in patients with ovarian cancer previously treated with cisplatin.J. Clin. Oncol. 1991; 9: 389-393
- Treatment of relapsed carcinoma of the ovary with cisplatin or carboplatin following initial treatment with these compounds.Gynecol. Oncol. 1990; 36: 207-211
- Randomized, open-label, phase III study comparing patupilone (EPO906) with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in platinum-refractory or -resistant patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian, primary fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30: 3841-3847
- Ovarian cancer: strategies for overcoming resistance to chemotherapy.Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2003; 3: 502-516
- How do real tumors become resistant to cisplatin?.Cell Cycle. 2008; 7: 1353-1359
- Strategies for reversing drug resistance.Oncogene. 2003; 22: 7512-7523
- Mechanisms of resistance to cisplatin and carboplatin.Crit. Rev. Oncol. Hematol. 2007; 63: 12-31
- Molecular mechanisms of resistance and toxicity associated with platinating agents.Cancer Treat. Rev. 2007; 33: 9-23
- Ovarian cancer.Lancet. 2014; 384: 1376-1388
- Identification of six new susceptibility loci for invasive epithelial ovarian cancer.Nat. Genet. 2015; 47: 164-171
- Genome-wide meta-analyses of breast, ovarian, and prostate cancer association studies identify multiple new susceptibility loci shared by at least two cancer types.Cancer Discov. 2016; 6: 1052-1067
- Common variants at 19p13 are associated with susceptibility to ovarian cancer.Nat. Genet. 2010; 42: 880-884
- Genome-wide analysis identifies novel loci associated with ovarian cancer outcomes: findings from the ovarian cancer association consortium.Clin. Cancer Res. 2015; 21: 5264-5276
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 354: 34-43
- Evaluation of new platinum-based treatment regimens in advanced-stage ovarian cancer: a phase III trial of the Gynecologic Cancer Intergroup.J. Clin. Oncol. 2009; 27: 1419-1425
- Identification of novel germline polymorphisms governing capecitabine sensitivity.Cancer. 2012; 118: 4063-4073
- Coenzyme Q10 deficiency in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) is related to fatigue, autonomic and neurocognitive symptoms and is another risk factor explaining the early mortality in ME/CFS due to cardiovascular disorder.Neuro Endocrinol. Lett. 2009; 30: 470-476
- PTH mutation with primary hyperparathyroidism and undetectable intact PTH.N. Engl. J. Med. 2008; 359: 1184-1186
- Parathyroid hormone gene rs6256 and calcium sensing receptor gene rs1801725 variants are not associated with susceptibility to colorectal cancer in Iran.Asian Pac. J. Cancer Prev. 2014; 15: 6035-6039
- Genome-wide meta-analysis for serum calcium identifies significantly associated SNPs near the calcium-sensing receptor (CASR) gene.PLoS Genet. 2010; 6e1001035
- Reduced expression of BTBD10 in anterior horn cells with Golgi fragmentation and pTDP-43-positive inclusions in patients with sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Neuropathology. 2013; 33: 397-404
- The hedgehog processing pathway is required for NSCLC growth and survival.Oncogene. 2013; 32: 2335-2345
- Loss of CSMD1 expression is associated with high tumour grade and poor survival in invasive ductal breast carcinoma.Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2010; 121: 555-563
- The role of the UTS2 gene polymorphisms and plasma urotensin-II levels in breast cancer.Tumour Biol. 2015; 36: 4427-4432
- Tumor suppressor candidate 3 (TUSC3) prevents the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and inhibits tumor growth by modulating the endoplasmic reticulum stress response in ovarian cancer cells.Int. J. Cancer. 2015; 137: 1330-1340
- Identification of 12 new susceptibility loci for different histotypes of epithelial ovarian cancer.Nat. Genet. 2017; 49: 680-691
- The OncoArray Consortium: a network for understanding the genetic architecture of common cancers.Cancer Epidemiol. Biomark. Prev. 2017; 26: 126-135
Analysis and sample information courtesy of the Ovarian Cancer Association Consortium (OCAC).
☆This study was supported by National Cancer Institute grants to the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) Administrative Office( CA 27469 ) and the GOG Tissue Bank ( CA 27469 , CA 114793 ), the GOG Statistical and Data Center ( CA 37517 ) as well as NRG Oncology SDMC grant U10 CA180822 and the NRG Oncology Operations grant U10CA 180868 . Additional grant support came from an NCI grant to Roswell Park Cancer Institute ( CA 016056-01 ). This study was also supported by seed grant funding through the American Cancer Institute via the University of Oklahoma .
☆☆The following GOG member institutions participated in this translational research study: University of Alabama at Birmingham, Duke University Medical Center, Abington Memorial Hospital, University of Rochester Medical Center, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Wayne State University, University of Minnesota Medical School, Emory University Clinic, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Colorado Gynecologic Oncology Group, P.C., University of California at Los Angeles, University of Washington, University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center, Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Georgetown University Hospital, University of Cincinnati, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Indiana University Medical Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Albany Medical College, University of California Medical Center at Irvine, Tufts-New England Medical Center, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Community Clinical Oncology Program, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, SUNY at Stony Brook, Eastern Pennsylvania GYN/ONC Center, PC, Washington University School of Medicine, Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center, Columbus Cancer Council, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Women's Cancer Center, University of Oklahoma, University of Virginia, University of Chicago, Tacoma General Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, Tampa Bay Cancer Consortium, North Shore University Hospital, Brookview Research, Inc.