- •In early stage patients, PFS was better for OCCC than for SOC.
- •In late-stage patients, OCCC was significantly associated with decreased OS.
- •Treatment effect was influenced by histology.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surface epithelial stromal tumors.in: Tavassoli F.A. Devilee P. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of Tumours of the Breast and Female Genital Organs. IARC Press, Lyon2003: 117-145
- Differences in tumor type in low-stage versus high-stage ovarian carcinomas.Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2010; 29: 203-211
- Histology-specific long-term trends in the incidence of ovarian cancer and borderline tumor in Japanese females: a population-based study from 1983 to 2007 in Niigata.J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Res. 2012; 38: 645-650
- Phase III randomized trial of docetaxel-carboplatin versus paclitaxel-carboplatin as first-line chemotherapy for ovarian carcinoma.J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2004; 96: 1682-1691
- Clinical characteristics of clear cell carcinoma of the ovary: a distinct histologic type with poor prognosis and resistance to platinum-based chemotherapy.Cancer. 2000; 88: 2584-2589
- Do clear cell ovarian carcinomas have poorer prognosis compared to other epithelial cell types? A study of 1411 clear cell ovarian cancers.Gynecol. Oncol. 2008; 109: 370-376
- Long-term follow-up and prognostic factor analysis in advanced ovarian carcinoma: the gynecologic oncology group experience.J. Clin. Oncol. 1991; 9: 1138-1150
- Clear cell carcinoma of the ovary: a distinct histologic type with poor prognosis and resistance to platinum-based chemotherapy in stage III disease.Gynecol. Oncol. 1996; 60: 412-417
- Prognostic factors for stage III epithelial ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2007; 25: 3621-3627
- When ‘never-events’ occur despite adherence to clinical guidelines: the case of venous thromboembolism in clear cell cancer of the ovary compared with other epithelial histologic subtypes.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 116: 374-377
- Mucinous but not clear cell histology is associated with inferior survival in patients with advanced stage ovarian carcinoma treated with platinum-paclitaxel chemotherapy.Cancer. 2010; 116: 1462-1468
- Advanced stage clear-cell epithelial ovarian cancer: the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group experience.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 102: 285-291
- A new proposal for multivariable modelling of time-varying effects in survival data based on fractional polynomial time-transformation.Biom. J. 2007; 49: 453-473
- Less impact of adjuvant chemotherapy for stage I clear cell carcinoma of the ovary: a retrospective Japan Clear Cell Carcinoma Study.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2010; 20: 1506-1510
- Exploring palliative treatment outcomes in women with advanced or recurrent ovarian clear cell carcinoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 122: 107-110
- Identification of an ovarian clear cell carcinoma gene signature that reflects inherent disease biology and the carcinogenic processes.Oncogene. 2010; 29: 1741-1752
- Identification of novel therapeutic targets in microdissected clear cell ovarian cancers.PLoS One. 2011; 6e21121
- Epigenetic synthetic lethality in ovarian clear cell carcinoma: EZH2 and ARID1A mutations.Mol. Cell. Oncol. 2016; 3e1032476
- Clinicopathologic and biological analysis of PIK3CA mutation in ovarian clear cell carcinoma.Hum. Pathol. 2012; 43: 2197-2206
- Vascular endothelial growth factor is a promising therapeutic target for the treatment of clear cell carcinoma of the ovary.Mol. Cancer Ther. 2010; 9: 2411-2422
- Modulation of paclitaxel resistance by annexin IV in human cancer cell lines.Br. J. Cancer. 2000; 83: 83-88
- Overexpression of annexin A4 is associated with chemoresistance in papillary serous adenocarcinoma of the ovary.Hum. Pathol. 2013; 44: 1017-1023
- UGT1A1 genotyping: a predictor of irinotecan-associated side effects and drug efficacy?.Anti-Cancer Drugs. 2009; 20: 867-879
- Secretome-based identification of TFPI2, a novel serum biomarker for detection of ovarian clear cell adenocarcinoma.J. Proteome Res. 2013; 14: 4340-4350
- The association between endometriosis and ovarian cancer: a review of histological, genetic and molecular alterations.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012 Jan; 124: 164-169
☆The following National Cancer Institute grants also supported this study: NRG Oncology Operations grant number U10 CA180868 as well as NRG SDMC grant U10 CA180822, Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) Administrative Office and the GOG Tissue Bank (CA 27469) and the GOG Statistical and Data Center (CA 37517). The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or opinion of the Department of Defense the United States Army or Navy, or the United States Government.