- •Reovirus when added to paclitaxel is not active in unselected patients with recurrent ovarian cancer.
- •Severe neutropenia and respiratory toxicity is more common with reovirus exposure.
- •The activity of weekly paclitaxel in recurrent ovarian cancer is confirmed.
Patients and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Bevacizumab and weekly taxane chemotherapy demonstrates activity in refractory ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 102: 134-139
- Phase II trial of weekly paclitaxel (80 mg/m2) in platinum and paclitaxel-resistant ovarian and primary peritoneal cancers: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 101: 436-440
- Role of KRAS and BRAF gene mutations in mucinous ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2003; 90: 378-381
- Oncolytic reovirus against ovarian and colon cancer.Cancer Res. 2002; 62: 1696-1701
- Phase I/II trial of reovirus serotype 3-dearing strain in patients with recurrent ovarian cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2010; 28TPS253
- Reovirus replication in ovarian and peritoneal tumors after intravenous administration.Cancer Res. 2010; 70: 2594https://doi.org/10.1158/1538-7445.AM10-2594
- Synergistic effects of oncolytic reovirus and docetaxel chemotherapy in prostate cancer.BMC Cancer. 2011; 11: 221
- REO-10: a phase I study of intravenous reovirus and docetaxel in patients with advanced cancer.Clin. Cancer Res. 2010; 16: 5564-5572
- A three-outcome design for phase II clinical trials.Control. Clin. Trials. 2001; 22: 117-125
- Discrete sequential boundaries for clinical trials.Biometrika. 1983; 70: 659-663
- Clinical development of reovirus for cancer therapy: an oncolytic virus with immune-mediated antitumor activity.World J. Methodol. 2016; 6: 25-42
- Reovirus-associated reduction of microRNA-let-7d is related to the increased apoptotic death of cancer cells in clinical samples.Mod. Pathol. 2012; 25: 1333-1344
- Ras transformation mediates reovirus oncolysis by enhancing virus uncoating, particle infectivity, and apoptosis-dependent release.Mol. Ther. 2007; 15: 1522-1530
- HIF-1alpha downregulation and apoptosis in hypoxic prostate tumor cells infected with oncolytic mammalian orthoreovirus.Oncotarget. 2014; 5: 561-574
- Antiangiogenic therapy elicits malignant progression of tumors to increased local invasion and distant metastasis.Cancer Cell. 2009; 15: 220-231
☆This study was supported by National Cancer Institute grants to the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) Administrative Office ( CA 27469 ), the Gynecologic Oncology Group Statistical Office ( CA 37517 ), NRG Oncology ( 1 U10 CA180822 ) and NRG Operations ( U10CA180868 ). The following Gynecologic Oncology institutions participated in this study: Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, University of New Mexico, Case Western Reserve University, Carillion Clinic Gynecological Oncology, Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin, University of New Mexico, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Indiana University Hospital/Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Women’s Cancer Center of Nevada and Mayo Clinic.