- •Gynecologic oncology fellow non-compliance with research standards is high.
- •Areas of non-adherence include authorship assignment and non-secure data storage.
- •Pressure from senior authors and lack of support may predispose to non-adherence.
- •Barriers to non-adherence should be addressed.
- Retractions in the scientific literature: is the incidence of research fraud increasing?.J. Med. Ethics. 2011 Apr; 37: 249-253
- Misconduct is the main cause of life-sciences retractions.Nature. Oct 4 2012; 490: 21
- Retracted science and the retraction index.Infect. Immun. Oct 2011; 79: 3855-3859
- Misconduct accounts for the majority of retracted scientific publications.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. Oct 16 2012; 109: 17028-17033
- Science publishing: the trouble with retractions.Nature. Oct 5 2011; 478: 26-28
- Why and how do journals retract articles? An analysis of Medline retractions 1988–2008.J. Med. Ethics. Sep 2011; 37: 567-570
ORI - The Office of Research Integrity. (https://ori.hhs.gov).
- Research misconduct and data fraud in clinical trials: prevalence and causal factors.Int. J. Clin. Oncol. Feb 2016; 21: 15-21
ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Gynecologic Oncology (https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/225_gynecologic_oncology_02082016.pdf).
- Unverifiable accomplishments and publications on applications for gynecologic oncology fellowships.Obstet. Gynecol. Mar 2012; 119: 504-508
Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals (http://www.icmje.org/icmje-recommendations.pdf).
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J. Biomed. Inform. Apr 2009; 42: 377-381
Summary of the HIPAA Security Rule. (https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/security/laws-regulations/).
HIPAA Violations and Enforcement (https://www.ama-assn.org/practice-management/hipaa-violations-enforcement).
Data Breach Results in $4.8 Million HIPAA Settlements (https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/compliance-enforcement/examples/new-york-and-Presbyterian-hospital/index.html).
Institutional Review Boards Frequently Asked Questions - Information Sheet. (http://www.fda.gov/RegulatoryInformation/Guidances/ucm126420.htm).
- Mentorship and productivity among gynecologic oncology fellows.J. Cancer Educ. Spring 2003; 18: 15-19
- Characteristics of success in mentoring and research productivity - a case-control study of academic centers.Gynecol. Oncol. Apr 2012; 125: 8-13
☆No financial disclosures; no conflicts of interest.