- •NY-ESO-1 is a common cancer-testis antigen expressed in ovarian cancer.
- •NY-ESO-1 expressing tumors portend an aggressive clinical course and early cancer-related death.
- •Antigen-targeted immunotherapy can overcome a harsh clinical phenotype.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin plus intravenous cyclophosphamide versus intravenous cisplatin plus intravenous cyclophosphamide for stage III ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 1996; 335: 1950-1955
- Intraperitoneal cisplatin and paclitaxel in ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 354: 34-43
- Phase III trial of standard-dose intravenous cisplatin plus paclitaxel versus moderately high-dose carboplatin followed by intravenous paclitaxel and intraperitoneal cisplatin in small-volume stage III ovarian carcinoma: an intergroup study of the Gynecologic Oncology Group, Southwestern Oncology Group, and Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group.J. Clin. Oncol. 2001; 19: 1001-1007
- Cyclophosphamide and cisplatin compared with paclitaxel and cisplatin in patients with stage III and stage IV ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 1996; 334: 1-6
- Phase III trial of carboplatin and paclitaxel compared with cisplatin and paclitaxel in patients with optimally resected stage III ovarian cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2003; 21: 3194-3200
- Incorporation of bevacizumab in the primary treatment of ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2011; 365: 2473-2483
- Pazopanib plus weekly paclitaxel versus weekly paclitaxel alone for platinum-resistant or platinum-refractory advanced ovarian cancer (MITO 11): a randomised, open-label, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 561-568
- CTdatabase: a knowledge-base of high-throughput and curated data on cancer-testis antigens.Nucleic Acids Res. 2009; 37: D816-D819
- Identification of the MAGE-1 gene product by monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 1994; 91: 1004-1008
- Efficacy of vaccination with recombinant vaccinia and fowlpox vectors expressing NY-ESO-1 antigen in ovarian cancer and melanoma patients.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2012; 109: 5797-5802
- NY-ESO-1 and LAGE-1 cancer-testis antigens are potential targets for immunotherapy in epithelial ovarian cancer.Cancer Res. 2003; 63: 6076-6083
- Immunohistochemical analysis of NY-ESO-1 antigen expression in normal and malignant human tissues.Int. J. Cancer. 2001; 92: 856-860
- Autoantibodies against cancer antigens.Methods Mol. Biol. 2009; 520: 11-19
- Epigenetic potentiation of NY-ESO-1 vaccine therapy in human ovarian cancer.Cancer Immunol. Res. 2014; 2: 37-49
- Vaccination with an NY-ESO-1 peptide of HLA class I/II specificities induces integrated humoral and T cell responses in ovarian cancer.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2007; 104: 12837-12842
- First-in-man application of a novel therapeutic cancer vaccine formulation with the capacity to induce multi-functional T cell responses in ovarian, breast and prostate cancer patients.J. Transl. Med. 2012; 10: 156
- Influence of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells on low/high-avidity CD4+ T cells following peptide vaccination.J. Immunol. 2006; 176: 6340-6346
- Antibody-targeted NY-ESO-1 to mannose receptor or DEC-205 in vitro elicits dual human CD8+ and CD4+ T cell responses with broad antigen specificity.J. Immunol. 2011; 186: 1218-1227
- Safety and antitumor activity of anti-PD-1 antibody, nivolumab, in patients with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2015; 33: 4015-4022
- Biologic activity of cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 4 antibody blockade in previously vaccinated metastatic melanoma and ovarian carcinoma patients.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2003; 100: 4712-4717
- Expression of multiple cancer-testis antigen genes in gastrointestinal and breast carcinomas.Br. J. Cancer. 2001; 85: 713-720
- Simultaneous humoral and cellular immune response against cancer-testis antigen NY-ESO-1: definition of human histocompatibility leukocyte antigen (HLA)-A2-binding peptide epitopes.J. Exp. Med. 1998; 187: 265-270
- Ny-ESO-1 expression and immunogenicity associated with transitional cell carcinoma: correlation with tumor grade.Cancer Res. 2001; 61: 4671-4674
- Cancer immunology. Mutational landscape determines sensitivity to PD-1 blockade in non-small cell lung cancer.Science. 2015; 348: 124-128
- The role of immune checkpoint inhibition in the treatment of ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. Res. Pract. 2016; 3: 11
- Adaptive immunity maintains occult cancer in an equilibrium state.Nature. 2007; 450: 903-907
- PD-L1 expression is associated with tumor-infiltrating T cells and favorable prognosis in high-grade serous ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2016; 141: 293-302
- Low mutation burden in ovarian cancer may limit the utility of neoantigen-targeted vaccines.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0155189
- Potential biomarker for checkpoint blockade immunotherapy and treatment strategy.Tumour Biol. 2016; 37: 4251-4261