- •The optimal clinical use of PARP inhibitors—as treatment or maintenance—is unclear.
- •Progression-free survival alone may be insufficient to support use as maintenance.
- •Clinicians and patients must consider various factors in each setting.
- •Potential clinical benefit must be balanced with symptoms from disease or treatment.
- •Patient perceptions, such as quality of life, should be considered in both settings.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Timing isn't everything: an analysis of when to start salvage chemotherapy in ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2004; 95: 157-164
- Maintenance chemotherapy for ovarian cancer.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2013; CD007414
- Clinical trial endpoints in ovarian cancer: report of an FDA/ASCO/AACR public workshop.Gynecol. Oncol. 2007; 107: 173-176
- Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) consensus statement on clinical trials in ovarian cancer: report from the Fourth Ovarian Cancer Consensus Conference.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2011; 21: 750-755
- Ovarian cancer clinical trial endpoints: Society of Gynecologic Oncology white paper.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 132: 8-17
- SGO guidance document for clinical trial designs in ovarian cancer: a changing paradigm.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 135: 3-7
- Patient counseling and management of symptoms during olaparib therapy for recurrent ovarian cancer.Oncologist. 2016; 21: 954-963
- Endpoints in clinical trials: what do patients consider important? A survey of the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance.Gynecol. Oncol. 2016; 140: 193-198
- Olaparib maintenance therapy in platinum-sensitive relapsed ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2012; 366: 1382-1392
- Niraparib maintenance therapy in platinum-sensitive, recurrent ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2016; 375: 2154-2164
- Patient preference-weighted assessments using the ASCO value framework in recurrent, platinum-sensitive ovarian cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2016; 34: 6630