- •A cost-effectiveness model compared RRSO+/−hysterectomy for BRCA1 mutation carriers.
- •RRSO + immediate hysterectomy is more effective and less costly than RRSO.
- •Delayed risk-reducing hysterectomy is cost-effective for up to 25 years after RRSO.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecol. Oncol. 2005; 98: 179-181
- Hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome.Gynecol. Oncol. 2009; 113: 6-11
- Hysterectomy and risk of stress-urinary-incontinence surgery: nationwide cohort study.Lancet. 2007; 370: 1494-1499
- Pelvic organ prolapse.Lancet. 2007; 369: 1027-1038
- Is uterine papillary serous adenocarcinoma a manifestation of the hereditary breast-ovarian cancer syndrome?.Gynecol. Oncol. 2000; 79: 477-481
- Risk of endometrial carcinoma associated with BRCA mutation.Gynecol. Oncol. 2001; 80: 395-398
- BRCA1/2 germline mutations in Jewish patients with uterine serous carcinoma.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2010; 20: 1148-1153
- BRCA germline mutations in women with uterine serous carcinoma—still a debate.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2010; 20: 1531-1534
- Uterine cancer after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy without hysterectomy in women with BRCA mutations.JAMA Oncol. 2016; 2: 1434-1440
- Survival analysis of cancer risk reduction strategies for BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.J. Clin. Oncol. 2010; 28 (Epub 2009/12/10): 222-231
Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program (www.seer.cancer.gov) SEER*Stat Database: Incidence - SEER 9 Regs Research Data, Nov 2015 Sub (1973–2013) <Katrina/Rita Population Adjustment> − Linked To County Attributes - Total U.S., 1969–2014 Counties, National Cancer Institute, DCCPS, Surveillance Research Program, Surveillance Systems Branch, (released April 2016, based on the November 2015 submission).
- How much is another randomized trial of lymph node dissection in endometrial cancer worth? A value of information analysis.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013; 131 (Epub 2013/06/27): 140-146
- United States life tables, 2011.Natl. Vital Stat. Rep. 2015; 64: 1-63
- Recommendations for conduct, methodological practices, and reporting of cost-effectiveness analyses: second panel on cost-effectiveness in health and medicine.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1093-1103
- Decreasing utilization of hysterectomy: a population-based study in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 1965–2002.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2007; 196 (214 e1–214 e7)
- Comparative effectiveness of robotically assisted compared with laparoscopic adnexal surgery for benign gynecologic disease.Obstet. Gynecol. 2014; 124: 886-896
- Comparative effectiveness of robotic versus laparoscopic hysterectomy for endometrial cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30 (Epub 2012/02/01): 783-791
- Robotically assisted vs laparoscopic hysterectomy among women with benign gynecologic disease.JAMA. 2013; 309: 689-698
- Surgical approach to hysterectomy for benign gynaecological disease.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2015; 8CD003677
- Cost comparison among robotic, laparoscopic, and open hysterectomy for endometrial cancer.Obstet. Gynecol. 2010; 116 (Epub 2010/08/25): 685-693
- Costs and outcomes of abdominal, vaginal, laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomies.JSLS. 2012; 16: 519-524
- Cost of care for elderly cancer patients in the United States.J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2008; 100 (Epub 2008/05/01): 630-641
- Tom's Inflation Calculator.([cited 2016 8/15/16]; Available from:)
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP).2012
- The impact of prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy on menopausal symptoms and sexual function in women who carry a BRCA mutation.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 121: 163-168
- Prevalence of sexual dysfunction after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2016; 140: 95-100
- Contributions of hysterectomy and uterus-preserving surgery to health-related quality of life.Obstet. Gynecol. 2013; 122: 15-25
- Quality of life and pelvic floor dysfunction symptoms after hysterectomy with or without pelvic organ prolapse.Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 2014; 182: 16-21
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of prevention strategies for gynecologic cancers in lynch syndrome.Cancer. 2008; 113: 326-335