- •Wertheim's radical abdominal hysterectomy technique is outlined.
- •Major modifications to the Wertheim hysterectomy are discussed.
- •Modern modifications focused on quality of life are examined.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The extended abdominal operation for carcinoma uteri (based on 500 operative cases).The American Journal of Obstetrics and Diseases of Women and Children. 1912; 66: 169-232
- The extended abdominal operation for carcinoma uteri (based on 500 operative cases).American Journal of Obstetrics and Diseases of Women and Children. 1912; 66 (Accessed at: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uiug.30112069262019 on 28 Dec 2016): 169
- Technique for total abdominal hysterectomy: historical and clinical perspective.Obstet. Gynecol. Surv. 1992; 47: 433-447
- The history of radical hysterectomy.J. Low. Genit. Tract. Dis. 2011; 15: 235-245
- Recent advances in the surgical management of cervical cancer.Mt Sinai J. Med. 2009; 76: 567-576
- Radical abdominal hysterectomy for cancer of the cervix uteri: modification of the Takayama operation.Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics. 1921; 33: 335-341
- Original film of the Okabayashi's radical hysterectomy by Okabayashi himself in 1932, and two films of the precise anatomy necessary for nerve-sparing Okabayashi's radical hysterectomy clarified by Shingo Fujii.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2008; 18: 383-385
- Radical hysterectomy with bilateral pelvic node dissections: a report of 100 patients operated on five or more years ago.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1951; 62: 854-870
- Nerve sparing radical hysterectomy: latest developments and historical perspective.Crit. Rev. Oncol. Hematol. 2003; 48: 271-279
- An improved radical hysterectomy with fewer urological complications and with no loss of therapeutic results for invasive cervical cancer.Baillieres Clin. Obstet. Gynaecol. 1988; 2: 953-962
- New method to prevent bladder dysfunction after radical hysterectomy for uterine cervical cancer.J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Res. 2000; 26: 1-8
- Zur operativen therapie des collum carcinoms stadium Ib.Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd. 1987; 47: 45-48
- Class II radical hysterectomy shows less morbidity and good treatment efficacy compared to class III.Gynecol. Oncol. 1991; 40: 21-24
- Five classes of extended hysterectomy for women with cervical cancer.Obstet. Gynecol. 1974; 44: 265-272
- Laparoscopic surgery for gynecologic cancers.Clin. Obstet. Gynecol. 2000; 43: 619-640
- Class II versus class III radical hysterectomy in stage IB-IIA cervical cancer: a prospective randomized study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2001; 80: 3-12
- Diagnosis and treatment of microinvasive carcinoma of the cervix uteri.Obstet. Gynecol. 1977; 49: 641-653
- New developments in the surgical therapy of cervical carcinoma.Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 2008; 1138: 233-252
- Pregnancies after radical vaginal trachelectomy for early-stage cervical cancer.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1998; 179: 1491-1496
- The vaginal radical trachelectomy: an update of a series of 125 cases and 106 pregnancies.Gynecol. Oncol. 2011; 121: 290-297
- Radical trachelectomy in early-stage cervical cancer: a comparison of laparotomy and minimally invasive surgery.Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 138: 585-589
- Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy with paraaortic and pelvic node dissection.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1992; 166: 864-865
- Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy with paraaortic and pelvic node dissection.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1994; 170: 699
- Results of selective use of operative laparoscopy in gynecologic oncology.Gynecol. Oncol. 1998; 70: 323-328
- Surgical techniques: robot-assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy with the da Vinci surgical system.Int. J. Med. Robot. 2006; 2: 305-311
- Robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical hysterectomy (Piver type III) with pelvic node dissection—case report.Eur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2006; 27: 531-533
- Robotic radical hysterectomy.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2008; 198 (649.e1–4)
- Laparoendoscopic single-site radical hysterectomy: the first report of LESS type III hysterectomy involves a woman with cervical cancer.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2012; 207 (518.e1–2)
- Laparoendoscopic single-site radical hysterectomy with pelvic lymphadenectomy: initial multi-institutional experience for treatment of invasive cervical cancer.J. Minim. Invasive Gynecol. 2014; 21: 394-398
- Management of low-risk early-stage cervical cancer: should conization, simple trachelectomy, or simple hysterectomy replace radical surgery as the new standard of care?.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 132: 254-259
- Detection of sentinel lymph nodes in minimally invasive surgery using indocyanine green and near-infrared fluorescence imaging for uterine and cervical malignancies.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 133: 274-277