- •Less than half of patients with locally advanced cervix cancer receive SOC therapy despite a substantial OS benefit.
- •Management per SOC guidelines was associated with private insurance, higher income, and higher volume centers.
- •Patients with lower incomes and those treated at low volume centers were more likely to receive no radiotherapy boost.
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Patterns of Care Outcome Study for cancer of the uterine cervix. Results of the Second National Practice Survey.Cancer-Am. Cancer Soc. 1990; 66: 2451-2456
- Patterns of care outcome studies. Results of the national practice in cancer of the cervix.Cancer-Am. Cancer Soc. 1983; 51: 959-967
- Pretreatment and treatment factors associated with improved outcome in squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix: a final report of the 1973 and 1978 patterns of care studies.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 1991; 20: 667-676
- Patterns and sites of failure in cervix cancer treated in the U.S.A. in 1978.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 1991; 20: 87-93
- Trends in the utilization of brachytherapy in cervical cancer in the United States.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2013; 87: 111-119
- Impact of facility volume on therapy and survival for locally advanced cervical cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 132: 416-422
- American Brachytherapy Society Cervical Cancer Recommendations C, American Brachytherapy S. American Brachytherapy Society consensus guidelines for locally advanced carcinoma of the cervix. Part I: general principles.Brachytherapy. 2012; 11: 33-46
- National Cancer Data Base analysis of radiation therapy consolidation modality for cervical cancer: the impact of new technological advancements.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2014; 90: 1083-1090
- Oncology (Williston Park). 1999; 13: 382
- Cisplatin, radiation, and adjuvant hysterectomy compared with radiation and adjuvant hysterectomy for bulky stage IB cervical carcinoma.N. Engl. J. Med. 1999; 340: 1154-1161
- Pelvic radiation with concurrent chemotherapy compared with pelvic and para-aortic radiation for high-risk cervical cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 1999; 340: 1137-1143
- Concurrent chemotherapy and pelvic radiation therapy compared with pelvic radiation therapy alone as adjuvant therapy after radical surgery in high-risk early-stage cancer of the cervix.J. Clin. Oncol. 2000; 18: 1606-1613
- Concurrent cisplatin-based radiotherapy and chemotherapy for locally advanced cervical cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 1999; 340: 1144-1153
- Randomized comparison of fluorouracil plus cisplatin versus hydroxyurea as an adjunct to radiation therapy in stage IIB-IVA carcinoma of the cervix with negative para-aortic lymph nodes: a Gynecologic Oncology Group and Southwest Oncology Group study.J. Clin. Oncol. 1999; 17: 1339-1348
- Influence of treatment center and hospital volume on survival for locally advanced cervical cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 139: 506-512
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J. Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613-619
- Are we appropriately selecting therapy for patients with cervical cancer? Longitudinal patterns-of-care analysis for stage IB-IIB cervical cancer.Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2014; 90: 786-793
- Cancer survival among US whites and minorities: a SEER (Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results) Program population-based study.Arch. Intern. Med. 2002; 162: 1985-1993
- Natural history and outcome of neuroendocrine carcinoma of the cervix.Gynecol. Oncol. 2016; 141: 247-254
- The influence of Hispanic ethnicity on nonsmall cell lung cancer histology and patient survival.Cancer-Am. Cancer Soc. 2012; 118: 4495-4501
- Which clinical/pathologic factors matter in the era of chemoradiation as treatment for locally advanced cervical carcinoma? Analysis of two Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) trials.Gynecol. Oncol. 2007; 105: 427-433
- Disparities in stage at diagnosis, treatment, and survival in nonelderly adult patients with cancer according to insurance status.J. Clin. Oncol. 2014; 32: 3118-3125