- •We examined the utility of the OSNA method in the detection of metastases in SLNs in EC.
- •The OSNA assay shows high sensitivity and specificity in detecting SLN metastases in EC.
- •The OSNA assay is a novel tool for the molecular detection of SLN metastasis in patients with EC.
- •These results should be validated in a larger series of patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sentinel node biopsy for the management of early stage endometrial cancer: long-term results of the SENTI-ENDO study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 136: 54-59https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2014.09.011
- Sentinel lymph node mapping in endometrial cancer: an update.Oncologist. 2016; : 461-466https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.2015-0473
- Sentinel lymph node evaluation in endometrial cancer and the importance of micrometastases.Surg. Oncol. 2008; 17: 237-245https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suronc.2008.04.001
- Immunohistochemical workup of sentinel nodes in endometrial cancer improves diagnostic accuracy.Gynecol. Oncol. 2009; 114: 284-287https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2009.04.020
- Comparison of diagnostic accuracy of frozen section with imprint cytology for intraoperative examination of sentinel lymph node in early-stage endometrial cancer: results of Senti-Endo study.Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2012; 19: 3515-3521https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-012-2390-7
- One-step nucleic acid amplification for intraoperative detection of lymph node metastasis in breast cancer patients.Clin. Cancer Res. 2007; 13: 4807-4816https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-06-2512
- Cytokeratin 19 expression in normal endometrium and in low-grade endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the endometrium.Int. J. Gynecol. Pathol. 2011; 30: 484-491https://doi.org/10.1097/PGP.0b013e3182158944
- A new diagnostic method for rapid detection of lymph node metastases using a one-step nucleic acid amplification (OSNA) assay in endometrial cancer.Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2015; 22: 980-986https://doi.org/10.1245/s10434-014-4038-2
- WHO Classification of Tumours of Female Reproductive Organs.fourth ed. IARC, Lyon2014
- AJCC Cancer Staging Manual.seventh ed. Springer, New York2010
- Atlas of Lymph Node Pathology.Springer New York, New York, NY2013https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-7959-8
- Glandular inclusions in pelvic and abdominal para-aortic lymph nodes. A study of autopsy and surgical material in males and females.Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1969; 52: 212-218
- Glandular inclusions in lymph nodes. The problem of extensive involvement and relationship to salpingitis.Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 1981; 5: 353-359
- Frequency and histogenesis of pelvic retroperitoneal lymph node inclusions of the female genital tract. An immunohistochemical study of 34 cases.Pathol. Res. Pract. 1995; 191: 991-996
- Benign glandular inclusions.Hum. Pathol. 1986; 17: 100-101
- Benign glandular inclusions in para-aortic lymph nodes in women undergoing lymphadenectomies.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1978; 130: 813-816
- Absence of ectopic epithelial inclusions in 3,904 axillary lymph nodes examined in sentinel technique.Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2012; 132: 621-624https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-011-1923-2
- Ectopic breast tissue as a possible cause of false-positive axillary sentinel lymph node biopsies.Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 2003; 27: 513-518
- Do uterine risk factors or lymph node metastasis more significantly affect recurrence in patients with endometrioid adenocarcinoma?.Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; 125: 94-98https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2011.11.049
- Lymph node metastasis and pattern of recurrence in clinically early stage endometrial cancer with positive lymphovascular space invasion.J. Gynecol. Oncol. 2015; 26: 208-213https://doi.org/10.3802/jgo.2015.26.3.208
☆Presented in part at the 27th Congress of the European Society of Pathology, Belgrade, 5–9 September 2015 (Abstract # OFP-06-004).