- •PI3K inhibition induces BRCA downregulation in wild-type PIK3CA ovarian cancer.
- •PI3K and PARP inhibitors synergistically suppress ovarian cancer cell growth.
- •BRCA downregulation following PI3K inhibition may predict PARP inhibitor response.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Targeting the phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway in cancer.Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 2009; 8: 627-644
- PI3K and cancer: lessons, challenges and opportunities.Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 2014; 13: 140-156
- Integrated genomic analyses of ovarian carcinoma.Nature. 2011; 474: 609-615
- Frequent mutation of the PIK3CA gene in ovarian and breast cancers.Clin. Cancer Res. 2005; 11: 2875-2878
- New strategies in the treatment of ovarian cancer: current clinical perspectives and future potential.Clin. Cancer Res. 2013; 19: 961-968
- The association of pi3 kinase signaling and chemoresistance in advanced ovarian cancer.Mol. Cancer Ther. 2012; 11: 1609-1617
- Direct inhibition of PI3K in combination with dual HER2 inhibitors is required for optimal antitumor activity in HER2+ breast cancer cells.Breast Cancer Res. 2014; 16: R9
- Combination PI3K/MEK inhibition promotes tumor apoptosis and regression in PIK3CA wild-type, KRAS mutant colorectal cancer.Cancer Lett. 2014; 347: 204-211
- Phase I dose-escalation and -expansion study of buparlisib (BKM120), an oral pan-Class I PI3K inhibitor, in patients with advanced solid tumors.Investig. New Drugs. 2014; 32: 670-681
- A phase Ib dose-escalation study of the oral pan-PI3K inhibitor buparlisib (BKM120) in combination with the oral MEK1/2 inhibitor trametinib (GSK1120212) in patients with selected advanced solid tumors.Clin. Cancer Res. 2014; 730-738
- Identification of NVP-BKM120 as a potent, selective, orally bioavailable class I PI3 kinase inhibitor for treating cancer.ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 2011; 2: 774-779
- Characterization of the mechanism of action of the pan class I PI3K inhibitor NVP-BKM120 across a broad range of concentrations.Mol. Cancer Ther. 2012; 11: 1747-1757
- PI3K inhibition impairs BRCA1/2 expression and sensitizes BRCA-proficient triple-negative breast cancer to PARP inhibition.Cancer Discov. 2012; 2: 1036-1047
- Combining a PI3K inhibitor with a PARP inhibitor provides an effective therapy for BRCA1-related breast cancer.Cancer Discov. 2012; 2: 1048-1063
- Association between BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations and survival in women with invasive epithelial ovarian cancer.JAMA. 2012; 307: 382-390
- Oral poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor olaparib in patients with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations and recurrent ovarian cancer: a proof-of-concept trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 245-251
- FDA approval summary: olaparib monotherapy in patients with deleterious germline BRCA-mutated advanced ovarian cancer treated with three or more lines of chemotherapy.Clin. Cancer Res. 2015; 21: 4257-4261
- Oral poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor olaparib in patients with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations and advanced breast cancer: a proof-of-concept trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 235-244
- Olaparib in patients with recurrent high-grade serous or poorly differentiated ovarian carcinoma or triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2, multicentre, open-label, non-randomised study.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 852-861
- Effective use of PI3K inhibitor BKM120 and PARP inhibitor Olaparib to treat PIK3CA mutant ovarian cancer.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 13153-13166
- BRCA1/2 mutation analysis in 41 ovarian cell lines reveals only one functionally deleterious BRCA1 mutation.Mol. Oncol. 2013; 7: 567-579
- Targeting poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase and the c-Myb-regulated DNA damage response pathway in castration-resistant prostate cancer.Sci. Signal. 2014; 7 (ra47-ra47)
- Ligand-independent HER2/HER3/PI3K complex is disrupted by trastuzumab and is effectively inhibited by the PI3K inhibitor GDC-0941.Cancer Cell. 2009; 15: 429-440
- Drug combination studies and their synergy quantification using the Chou-Talalay method.Cancer Res. 2010; 70: 440-446
- Blocking c-Met-mediated PARP1 phosphorylation enhances anti-tumor effects of PARP inhibitors.Nat. Med. 2016; 22: 194-201
- Therapeutic response to CDK4/6 inhibition in breast cancer defined by ex vivo analyses of human tumors.Cell Cycle. 2012; 11: 2756-2761
- Phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6 confers PARP inhibitor resistance in BRCA1-deficient cancers.Oncotarget. 2014; 5: 3375-3385
- Development of a functional assay for homologous recombination status in primary cultures of epithelial ovarian tumor and correlation with sensitivity to poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors.Clin. Cancer Res. 2010; 16: 2344-2351
- Vulnerabilities of PTEN-TP53-deficient prostate cancers to compound PARP-PI3K inhibition.Cancer Discov. 2014; 4: 896-904
- Targeting the DNA repair defect in BRCA mutant cells as a therapeutic strategy.Nature. 2005; 434: 917-921
- Specific killing of BRCA2-deficient tumours with inhibitors of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase.Nature. 2005; 434: 913-917
- Resistance to therapy caused by intragenic deletion in BRCA2.Nature. 2008; 451: 1111-1115