- •The chance of achieving complete PDS in women with AEOC showing a LPS-PIV ≥ 10 was 0.
- •The risk of unnecessary laparotomy in patients showing a LPS-PIV < 10 was 33.2%.
- •The overall discriminating performance of LPS-PI was very high, with an AUC = 0.885.
Patients and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy or primary surgery in stage IIIC or IV ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2012; 363: 943-953
- Chemotherapy or upfront surgery for newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer: results from the MRC CHORUS trial.in: 2013 ASCO Annual Meeting. Abstract 5500. Presented June 1, 2013. 2013
- Survival effect of maximal cytoreductive surgery for advanced ovarian carcinoma during the platinum era: a meta-analysis.J. Clin. Oncol. 2002; 20: 1248-1259
- An analysis of patients with bulky advanced stage ovarian, tubal, and peritoneal carcinoma treated with primary debulking surgery (PDS) during an identical time period as the randomized EORTC-NCIC trial of PDS vs neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NACT).Gynecol. Oncol. 2012; 124: 10-14
- Role of surgical outcome as prognostic factor in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: a combined exploratory analysis of 3 prospectively randomized phase 3 multicenter trials: by the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Gynaekologische Onkologie Studiengruppe Ovarialkarzinom (AGO-OVAR) and the Groupe d'Investigateurs Nationaux Pour les Etudes des Cancers de l'Ovaire (GINECO).Cancer. 2009; 115: 1234-1244
- Role of maximal primary cytoreductive surgery in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian and tubal cancer: surgical and oncological outcomes. Single institution experience.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 119: 259-264
- Relative influences of tumor volume before surgery and the cytoreductive outcome on survival for patients with advanced ovarian cancer: a prospective study.Gynecol. Oncol. 2003; 90: 390-396
- Chemotherapy versus surgery for initial treatment in advanced ovarian epithelial cancer.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2012; 8: CD005343
- (Available at website)(accessed on 2nd July 2015)
- Introduction of staging laparoscopy in the management of advanced epithelial ovarian, tubal and peritoneal cancer: impact on prognosis in a single institution experience.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013; 131: 341-346
- New terminology for cytoreduction in advanced ovarian cancer.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 214
- The addition of extensive upper abdominal surgery to achieve optimal cytoreduction improves survival in patients with stages IIIC–IV epithelial ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 103: 1083-1090
- Surgical treatment of diaphragm disease correlates with improved survival in optimally debulked advanced stage ovarian cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2006; 100: 283-287
- Upper abdominal surgery in advanced and recurrent ovarian cancer: role of diaphragmatic surgery.Gynecol. Oncol. 2010; 116: 497-501
- The Clavien–Dindo classification of surgical complications: five-year experience.Ann. Surg. 2009; 250: 187-196
- Prospective validation of a laparoscopic predictive model for optimal cytoreduction in advanced ovarian carcinoma.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2008; 199: 642.e1-642.e6
- A multicentric trial (Olympia-MITO 13) on the accuracy of laparoscopy to assess peritoneal spread in ovarian cancer.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2013; 209: 462.e1-462.e11
- A laparoscopy-based score to predict surgical outcome in patients with advanced ovarian carcinoma: a pilot study.Ann. Surg. Oncol. Aug 2006; 13: 1156-1161
- A model for predicting surgical outcome in patients with advanced ovarian carcinoma using computed tomography.Cancer. 2000; 89: 1532-1540
- Errors and bias in using the predictive scoring systems.Crit. Care Clin. 1994; 10: 53
- Timing and pattern of recurrence in ovarian cancer patients with high tumor dissemination treated with primary debulking surgery versus neoadjuvant chemotherapy.Ann. Surg. Oncol. 2013; 20: 3955-3960
- Platinum resistance after neoadjuvant chemotherapy compared to primary surgery in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma.Gynecol. Oncol. 2013; 129: 63-68
- External validation of a laparoscopic-based score to evaluate resectability of advanced ovarian cancers: clues for a simplified score.Gynecol. Oncol. 2008; 110: 354-359
- Laparoscopy for diagnosing resectability of disease in patients with advanced ovarian cancer.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2014; 2: CD009786
- Molecular biomarkers of residual disease after surgical debulking of high-grade serous ovarian cancer.Clin. Cancer Res. 2014; 20: 3280-3288
- A multicenter prospective trial evaluating the ability of preoperative computed tomography scan and serum CA-125 to predict suboptimal cytoreduction at primary debulking surgery for advanced ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancer.Gynecol. Oncol. 2014; 134: 468-472