- •Veliparib has single-agent activity among germline BRCA1/2 mutation carriers.
- •Adverse events were observed but generally mild and managed conservatively.
- •Responses were observed among platinum-sensitive and -resistant recurrent disease patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The origin of variation.Am. Nat. 1922; 56: 51-63
- Genetics of natural populations. XIII. Recombination and variability in populations of Drosophila pseudoobscura.Genetics. 1946; 31: 269-290
- Integrating genetic approaches into the discovery of anticancer drugs.Science. 1997; 278: 1064-1068
- Making the best of PARP inhibitors in ovarian cancer.Nat. Rev. Clin. Oncol. 2010; 7: 508-519
- Genome-wide profiling of genetic synthetic lethality identifies CDK12 as a novel determinant of PARP1/2 inhibitor sensitivity.Cancer Res. 2014; 74: 287-297
- Ovarian cancer familial relative risks by tumour subtypes and by known ovarian cancer genetic susceptibility variants.J. Med. Genet. 2014; 51: 108-113
- Specific killing of BRCA2-deficient tumours with inhibitors of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase.Nature. 2005; 434: 913-917
- Targeting the DNA repair defect in BRCA mutant cells as a therapeutic strategy.Nature. 2005; 434: 917-921
- Nonhomologous end joining drives poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor lethality in homologous recombination-deficient cells.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2011; 108: 3406-3411
- Inhibition of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase in tumors from BRCA mutation carriers.N. Engl. J. Med. 2009; 361: 123-134
- Olaparib maintenance therapy in platinum-sensitive relapsed ovarian cancer.N. Engl. J. Med. 2012; 366: 1382-1392
- Phase II, open-label, randomized, multicenter study comparing the efficacy and safety of olaparib, a poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor, and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in patients with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations and recurrent ovarian cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30: 372-379
- Olaparib plus paclitaxel and carboplatin followed by olaparib maintenance treatment in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent serous ovarian cancer: a randomized, open-label Phase II study.J. Clin. Oncol. 2012; 30: 5001
- Olaparib in patients with recurrent high-grade serous or poorly differentiated ovarian carcinoma or triple-negative breast cancer: a phase 2, multicentre, open-label, non-randomised study.Lancet Oncol. 2011; 12: 852-861
- The poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor niraparib (MK4827) in BRCA mutation carriers and patients with sporadic cancer: a phase 1 dose-escalation trial.Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 882-892
- ABT-888, an orally active poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor that potentiates DNA-damaging agents in preclinical tumor models.Clin. Cancer Res. 2007; 13: 2728-2737
- Positive results for drug combo veliparib in I-SPY 2 trial.Cancer Discov. 2014; 4 (Epub 2014 Jan 9, No authors listed): OF2
- A phase I study of veliparib in combination with metronomic cyclophosphamide in adults with refractory solid tumors and lymphomas.Clin. Cancer Res. 2012; 18: 1726-1734
- Phase I study of PARP inhibitor ABT-888 in combination with topotecan in adults with refractory solid tumors and lymphomas.Cancer Res. 2011; 71: 5626-5634
- Veliparib plus temozolomide in metastatic melanoma trends toward increased PFS but results are not statistically significant.Oncology (Williston Park). 2011; 25: 1213-1232
- New response evaluation criteria in solid tumours: revised RECIST guideline (version 1.1).Eur. J. Cancer. 2009; 45: 228-247
- Optimal flexible designs in phase II clinical trials.Stat. Med. 1998; 17: 2301-2312
- Oral poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor olaparib in patients with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations and recurrent ovarian cancer: a proof-of-concept trial.Lancet. 2010; 376: 245-251
- Adapting rejection boundaries when the targeted accrual is not attained in 2-stage phase II clinical trials.in: Technical Report 04-01. University at Buffalo, 2001
- Nonparametric estimation from incomplete observations.J. Am. Stat. Assoc. 1958; 53: 457-481
- Feasibility of extension of platinum-free interval with weekly bolus topotecan and subsequent platinum retreatment outcomes in recurrent ovarian cancer.Arch. Gynecol. Obstet. 2011; 283: 361-367
- Benefits of enhancing the platinum-free interval in the treatment of relapsed ovarian cancer: more than just a hypothesis?.Int. J. Gynecol. Cancer. 2011; 21: S9-S11
- Association of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations with survival, chemotherapy sensitivity, and gene mutator phenotype in patients with ovarian cancer.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1557-1565
- PARP Inhibitors for BRCA1/2 mutation-associated and BRCA-like malignancies.Ann. Oncol. 2014; 25: 32-40
- Somatic mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2 could expand the number of patients that benefit from poly (ADP ribose) polymerase inhibitors in ovarian cancer.J. Clin. Oncol. 2010; 28: 3570-3576
- Germline and somatic mutations in homologous recombination genes predict platinum response and survival in ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal carcinomas.Clin. Cancer Res. 2014; 20: 764-775
- BRCA1/2 mutation analysis in 41 ovarian cell lines reveals only one functionally deleterious BRCA1 mutation.Mol. Oncol. 2013; 7: 567-579
- Mechanisms of resistance to therapies targeting BRCA-mutant cancers.Nat. Med. 2013; 19: 1381-1388
- Resistance to therapy caused by intragenic deletion in BRCA2.Nature. 2008; 451: 1111-1115
- Secondary somatic mutations restoring BRCA1/2 predict chemotherapy resistance in hereditary ovarian carcinomas.J. Clin. Oncol. 2011; 29: 3008-3015
- Secondary mutations as a mechanism of cisplatin resistance in BRCA2-mutated cancers.Nature. 2008; 451: 1116-1120
- 53BP1 inhibits homologous recombination in Brca1-deficient cells by blocking resection of DNA breaks.Cell. 2010; 141: 243-254
- BRCA1 functions independently of homologous recombination in DNA interstrand crosslink repair.Mol. Cell. 2012; 46: 125-135
- High sensitivity of BRCA1-deficient mammary tumors to the PARP inhibitor AZD2281 alone and in combination with platinum drugs.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2008; 105: 17079-17084
- Trapping of PARP1 and PARP2 by Clinical PARP Inhibitors.Cancer Res. 2012; 72: 5588-5599
- Olaparib monotherapy in patients with advanced cancer and a germline BRCA1/2 mutation.J. Clin. Oncol. 2015; 33: 244-250
☆This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov (NCT01540565).