- •We compare non-Hispanic White and Hispanic women with endometrial cancer for differences in demographics, tumor characteristics, and treatment.
- •Hispanic women have higher cancer-specific mortality and cancer characteristics (stage and lymph node involvement) mediate most disparity.
- •More Hispanic women in 2006–2010 than in 2000–2005 were diagnosed at later stages.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Cancer statistics, 2013.CA Cancer J Clin. 2013; 63: 11-30
- Endometrial cancer in Asian and American Indian/Alaskan Native women: tumor characteristics, treatment and outcome compared to non-Hispanic White women.Gynecol Oncol. 2014; 132: 443-449
- Racial differences in endometrial cancer survival: the black/white cancer survival study.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 88: 919-926
- Analysis of racial differences in incidence, survival, and mortality for malignant tumors of the uterine corpus.Cancer. 2003; 98: 176-186
- The impact of race and comorbidity on survival in endometrial cancer.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012; 21: 753-760
- Endometrial cancer: socioeconomic status and racial/ethnic differences in stage at diagnosis, treatment, and survival.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 2104-2111
- Racial differences in survival of women with endometrial cancer.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1987; 157: 914-923
- Ethnic differences in uterine corpus cancer incidence and mortality in New Mexico's American Indians, Hispanics and non-Hispanic Whites.Int J Epidemiol. 1997; 26: 249-255
- Comorbidities and endometrial cancer survival in Hispanics and non-Hispanic Whites.Cancer Causes Control. 2013; 24: 61-69
- Surgical pathologic spread patterns of endometrial cancer. A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.Cancer. 1987; 60: 2035-2041
- Age-specific survival of women with endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterus.Gynecol Oncol. 2000; 79: 86-89
- Asian-Pacific Islander race independently predicts poor outcome in patients with endometrial cancer.Gynecol Oncol. 2003; 89: 218-226
- Racial/ethnic differences in endometrial cancer risk: the multiethnic cohort study.Am J Epidemiol. 2007; 165: 262-270
- Annual cancer incidence rates for Hispanics in the United States: surveillance, epidemiology, and end results, 1992–1996.Cancer. 2000; 88: 2642-2652
- Cancer statistics for Hispanics/Latinos, 2012.CA Cancer J Clin. 2012; 62: 283-298
- The Hispanic population: 2010-c2010br-04.pdf. U.S. Census Bureau.2010 census questionnaire. 2014
- Median age for Hispanics is lower than median age for total U.S. population.2012
- p60-243.pdf.in: US Census Bureau, Washington, DC2012
- Influence of birthplace on breast cancer diagnosis and treatment for Hispanic women.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010; 121: 743-751
- Factors associated with missing birthplace information in a population-based cancer registry.Ethn Dis. 2001; 11: 598-605
- Type II endometrial cancer in Hispanic women: tumor characteristics, treatment and survival compared to non-Hispanic White women.Gynecol Oncol. 2014; 133: 512-517
- Quality of cancer registry birthplace data for Hispanics living in the United States.Cancer Causes Control. 2005; 16: 713-723
- NAACCR Guideline for Enhancing Hispanic/Latino Identification: Revised NAACCR Hispanic/Latino Identification Algorithm [NHIA v2. 2].in: North American Association of Central Cancer Registries, Springfield, IL2009
- Quality of race, Hispanic ethnicity, and immigrant status in population-based cancer registry data: implications for health disparity studies.Cancer Causes Control. 2007; 18: 177-187
- Disparities in liver cancer incidence by nativity, acculturation, and socioeconomic status in California Hispanics and Asians.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010; 19: 3106-3118
- Quality of birthplace information obtained from death certificates for Hispanics, Asians, and Pacific Islanders.Ethn Dis. 2004; 14: 292-295
- Studying cancer incidence and outcomes in immigrants: methodological concerns.Am J Public Health. 2002; 92: 1757-1759
- Breast — summary staging guide 2000 — breast and female genital system.2000
- What is endometrial cancer?.in: American Cancer Society, 2014
- Explaining racial disparities in mortality after abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.J Vasc Surg. 2009; 50: 709-713
- Acculturation and Latino health in the United States: a review of the literature and its sociopolitical context.Annu Rev Public Health. 2005; 26: 367-397
- What are the risk factors for endometrial cancer?.2014
- The health status and health behaviors of Hispanics.2006