- •Acupuncture is effective in the prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting especially delayed nausea.
- •Acupuncture may be used as an alternative treatment option for prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: prevention, detection and treatment — how are we doing?.J Support Oncol. 2004; 2: 1-20
- Clinical practice guidelines in oncology.Antiemesis, 2014 ([Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/antiemesis.pdf. Retrieved May 15, 2014])
- Management of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: focus on newer agents and new uses for older agents.Drugs. 2013; 73: 249-262
- A randomized, double blinded comparison of single dose ondansetron and metoclopramide plus dexamethasone in the prevention of single agent carboplatin induced emesis in ovarian and endometrial carcinoma.Thai J Obstet Gynecol. 2002; 14: 51-58
- Conference. Acupuncture.JAMA. 1998; 28: 1518-1524
- Acupuncture-point stimulation for chemotherapy-induced nausea or vomiting.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; 19: CD002285
- Adjusting the dose of intravenous ondansetron plus dexamethasone to the emetogenic potential of the chemotherapy regimen.J Clin Oncol. 1995; 13: 2117-2122
- The Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy scale: development and validation of the general measure.J Clin Oncol. 1993; 11: 570-579
- Guideline update for MASCC and ESMO in the prevention of chemotherapy- and radiotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: results of the Perugia consensus conference.Ann Oncol. 2010; 21: 232-243
- Antiemetic American Society Clinical Oncology clinical practice guideline update.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 4189-4198
- Systematic review of acupuncture in cancer care: a synthesis of the evidence.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 952-960
- Use of acupuncture in the control of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2009; 7: 606-612
- Effect of acupuncture compared with placebo-acupuncture at P6 as additional antiemetic prophylaxis in high-dose chemotherapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation: a randomized controlled single-blind trial.Clin Cancer Res. 2003; 9: 2538-2544
- Delayed nausea and vomiting continue to reduce patients' quality of life after highly and moderately emetogenic chemotherapy despite antiemetic treatment.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 4472-4478